GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a Wing, but am looking for help with a VTX 1800.

My father rides one, and needs a cover for X-mas. I use a Kuryaken 1/2 cover on my Wing and love it. I would like to find something similar for his VTX since he garages it and will only need it on overnight trips.

If you have any info can you recommend a good cover for overnight trips that will roll up as small as possible? Will the Kury 1/2 cover fit a VTX nicely, too?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I may be able to help with this one...

I too have an X, and bought a Dowco cover for it from Hal a year or two ago. Many are made for the stock bike, so if you have a shield on it, or tricked-out angular mirrors, you'd need to watch out for that as far as fit goes.

Check Hal's VTX store. Should be quite a few to fill the bill there. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Reddwing said:
I may be able to help with this one...

I too have an X, and bought a Dowco cover for it from Hal a year or two ago. Many are made for the stock bike, so if you have a shield on it, or tricked-out angular mirrors, you'd need to watch out for that as far as fit goes.

Check Hal's VTX store. Should be quite a few to fill the bill there. :D
Same here. I use one for my X and I'm going to pick up one for the Wing as well. Pretty decent fit on my C model X.. I don't have bags or windshield though but I doubt that would be a problem if I did. Seems to be a pretty good size cover...A dust cover would probably roll up the smallest but it's only cloth...

·
Registered
51 Posts
wal mart - 20.00 what i use with no problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts