GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent some time Friday and Saturday at Wings Over The Smokies in Fletcher, N.C..

As you might expect, attendance appeared to be down as was the number of vendors. But everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Yes there were folks with vests and pins and big bellies. So what. They have Goldwings and they enjoy the social aspects of being a Winger and "that" is what counts. :thumbup:

I was amazed when I stopped and thought about the man hours of volunteer work and money that went into putting this thing on. My hat is off to all the folks that made it possible.

Again this year the North Carolina Drill Team hosted a Top Gun competition and for their first time a Team Challenge Event for both bikes and trikes.

I had a great time and will "not" post how I finished in the Top Gun, the Team challenge with a guy from Florida that I knew from last year and the Individual challenge on the same course. My modesty forbids it. :22yikes::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks N.C. Folks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Alas, at the last minute I canceled my hotel reservation for this event. Being single, it was just too costly to spend three days there and of course I would have wanted to buy stuff. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
We live about 20 miles away and used to go to WOTS, but not in the last couple of years. I would rather support my local dealer, and keep him in business. Besides many of the vendors were not even motorcycle related.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I checked it out Saturday. I was impressed this year with the set up. Everything seen to be convienant with most of the vendors in the air conditioned building. Parking Lot for the bikes right there at the building. Not a lot of vendors but it was ok.............

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
..I had a great time and will "not" post how I finished in the Top Gun, the Team challenge with a guy from Florida that I knew from last year and the Individual challenge on the same course. My modesty forbids it. :22yikes::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks N.C. Folks. :thumbup:
Well if I were betting, I'd bet you did pretty dang good in the competitions.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps my embarrassment prevents me from telling. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Perhaps my embarrassment prevents me from telling. :shrug:
Lets see here...if you didnt get 1st than a heck of a "pup" did! Glad you showed up there to keep it honest:thumbup:

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,095 Posts
I was there on Thursday and the parking lot seemed pretty full of Gold Wings to me....had a good time at the event and riding the Blue Ridge. I wish I could have stayed to watch the events on Saturday.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wots

This was my first year to attend WOTS, and I was not disappointed. I must admit the most excitement in the whole three days for my wife and I was watching 1,000+ Goldwings leaving the parking lot onto an extremely busy 4-lane highway after the closing ceremony Saturday night. Just amazing no one was injured! Next year maybe a cop to direct traffic should be something to consider.

Very well organized event and hard working volunteers. Thanks NC, for your hospitality.

Jim

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wos

Thanks to all that attended the NC Wings Over the Smokies Rally this year. The NC District Staff made a lot of changes this year trying to make the rally a little better than in the past years with the new layout of the buildings and grounds.

You are Welcome to send your feedback or suggestions to the NC District Directors ( Andrew & Vickie Butcher) at [email protected]
in hopes of making WOS even better nexr year....

Again, Thanks for your comments ( good or bad) and for attending the rally.
We hope everyone made it home safe.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
This was our first WOS and we enjoyed it. The setup was great and lots of vendors. The exit after the closing ceremonies was interesting and a traffic cop would be a great addition. Spent time touring the Blue Ridge area after the rally and now on our way home to Arkansas.

Thanks to the NC district for a job well done.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I did not attend this year, but over the years I have attended a lot of rallys including W.O.T.S. One of the best in my opinion. They do a great job!:bow:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts