GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after much searching I finally found my goldwing. Picking it up when I get back home from this business trip and can't wait. I hope this is everything I hope, after putting 20k miles on a V-Star 1100 and 5k miles on an ST1300 before deciding the ST wasn't for me, have high expectations.

2007 Silver Audio/Comfort/Navi/ABS with not many miles for a great bargain! Feeling pretty happy about the deal and can't wait to pick it up.

:doorag: :excited:

If anyone has any accessories for sale let me know, the bike is pretty much bone stock.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride. I'm sure that you won't be disappointed. I strayed away from wings for 2 riding seasons and am very glad to be back on the ultimate touring machine. In my opinion of course.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a sidenote, if there's any young guys who ride, I'm always looking for someone other than my brothers/dad to ride with. Nothing wrong with older guys, but I seem to be in a pretty small minority of young riders who have the bike and ability (no wife, lots of vacation, etc) to tour and would be awesome to meet up with someone else.

·
Registered
250 Posts
As a sidenote, if there's any young guys who ride, I'm always looking for someone other than my brothers/dad to ride with. Nothing wrong with older guys, but I seem to be in a pretty small minority of young riders who have the bike and ability (no wife, lots of vacation, etc) to tour and would be awesome to meet up with someone else.
Just remember, lots of old guys also have the ability (no wife (any more!), lots of vacation (retired!)) PLUS some have lots of ca$h. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
618 Posts
strike three........
gotta wife
got no money
got no more vacation

no fouls, not hits....and all errors:shrug:

enjoy new bike....find a hot babe to ride with you :thumbup:

·
Registered
469 Posts
strike three........
gotta wife
got no money
got no more vacation

no fouls, not hits....and all errors:shrug:

enjoy new bike....find a hot babe to ride with you :thumbup:
No, DON'T find a hot babe to ride with you, or you'll end up with:
a wife
no money
no time for vacation

Or 'three strikes' against you too!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: on your new ride! May you have many safe and enjoyable miles!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Congrats! I too am a new GW owner having my bike now for about 3 weeks. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine,

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha, some great replies on here. I am 28 so practically a baby on here, I know there's a few guys in their 20's, but not many.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, DON'T find a hot babe to ride with you, or you'll end up with:
a wife
no money
no time for vacation

Or 'three strikes' against you too!
Haha, best reply on here. However, you can "get the milk w/o buying the cow" if you know what I mean. :yes:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
:congrats: on your new ride. Also, FYI, guys who are happily married live longer and, as a result, get to ride more. Sometimes they even have kids who have basements full of all kinds of motorcycles to mess with. :lol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
OK Txagfan,lets take a ride out to Montrose Co. Sept. 5th. The GLriders are having a gettogether Sept 6 to 11th. I'm 90 miles north of you,and I can meet you somewhere on 287 and ride with you.
Check out the Rocky Mountain Gold thread,and lets go. I'm young and ready to ride (I'm only 69) Ditchdigger

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
:congrats: On the bike, ride safe.
Riding with the older guy's is ruff, hard to keep up when your a young'en.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Yes ? Did someone call my name ? :doorag:

Congrats on the new ride. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts