GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Waiting

Yep, I've had one on order with Apex Sports here in Colorado Springs for the past two months. Since I'm grounded until ealry March, not a big deal plus I have probably 2-3k left on my current tire. Would like to have it replaced before my first big ride at the end of April, however. Surely it will be here by then.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I was told by Jeff at Metzler middle of December.

Tater, I ask Hal & his answer was anybodys quess. Jeff from Metzler said before the end of the year & his best quess was middle of December. He said they would be released when they were sure they had corrected the problem that a few guys had. My last set was GREAT !!! I got a rear from Hal during the Turkey sale & ordered the front at the same time. You could either try calling Jeff or give Dennis Kirk a call since they are the only distributor for the U.S..

·
Registered
391 Posts
Waiting and Waiting

I’ve been waiting for what seems to be a long time for the Metzler’s as well. I ordered a set when Hal had them on such a good sale, thinking that I would have plenty of time before original Dunlop’s wore out.

The Dunlop’s are in need of replacement right now – I would take either the Metzler’s currently on order or a set of the Avon’s. If much more time passes I will either have to stop riding or get a set of Bridgestone’s.

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
According to the Pirelli/Metzler Rep as of a couple of weeks ago, they won't know anything or say anything until after the first of the year! :(

I've got a set that is nasty! I'll give them a few weeks to see what they are going to do before I remove them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts