GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Max has asked me to be a guniea pig. The new rear shock that he and Penske have developed for the GoldWing is being installed on my bike. I took it there yesterday and the part was not exact to measurement. Penske and Max are going to get the corrected part in this morning and put it on. I am waiting in aniticipation like no other.

I am planning on riding to see Trialsman on Sunday in Tennessee and cant wait to hit the curves. I will let yall know how it works out.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Do I understand that the setup that they sold this summer is already being changed?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Quit whining John, you will just trade that one off real soon!!

:eek:

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
jwen said:
Do I understand that the setup that they sold this summer is already being changed?
I think what may be happening is that Max wanted to provide his own shock for the rear instead of having to re-build the OEM. He seems to be getting that together and TOYO gets the job of testing it. As usual I could be wrong.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ron, You are about correct. Max and Penske came up with this design. Max is trying to get it all in house so that you can simply call him up and he will send you a new shock that he has built. They did make some chanbes to the other design. What exactly the changes are I dont know. Max can describe this more in detail. He may already have and I just missed it. While I was dropping off my bike on Friday he was in a panic mode. Mike had called in sick, he was about to fly out to Japan, and he was dealing with Penkse over the phone about my shock. The last part was delivered via Fedex from Penske on Saturday. I picked my bike up yesterday afternoon. So far I am extremley happy. There is such a drastic change in the handling, all better I must say, that its gonna take me some time to get used to it. I am getting ready to go see Trialsman in TN. I will get a good chance to test it out.

I do want to say that initially I was told that it would only take a couple of hours to install the new shock Friday morning. However since the part was not in yet, I had to leave my bike. MAx was nice, kind enough to let me take his new Cadillac home until my bike was ready. How many companies are going to take care of there customers like that? I take care of MAx, Max takes care of me. Thats how the system should work. I guess I am in a dream land thinking that way. I hope Max had a safe trip to Japan.

Again, your new shock is not outdated. Max is simply trying to get it all in house. So therefore he had to make a couple of part changes.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Toyo,
He's one smart cookie that Max is, he uses ya as a tester kinda guy , you win and he wins plus you'll share with a large group of folks who wanna know how it goes. A credible report on something we all have an interest in from a guy who shall tell it like it is. :wink:

Max is a very smart guy and I hope my wallet od credit card support me meetin' up with him sometime in the near future. 8)

·
Registered
691 Posts
It should be a good unit, Roger Penske team knows how to make a good shock, and with Max's help I think it will benefit us. My quess knowing Penske work on other shocks , it will not be cheap but top notch. I don't know if the average rider will benefit from it or need it. But I still think its in the right direction.

Dennis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts