GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

The weather has moderated and I'm going to take a Crocodile Dundee walkabout - Gold Wing style.

The calendar is cleared for an April 11th departure and return one week or so later.

There is only one issue at hand and that is which direction to go......and where. I'm going to the Hoot in June so don't want to repeat the mountain riding experience, although spring might really be a great time to hit the Smokies and Carolinas.

I'm leaning towards heading south from Alabama.....either down through Louisiana OR south and east and just following the coast to the Keys and then back up the Atlantic Coast.

Don't want to pin myself down to a specific schedule....going to avoid the Interstate at all costs....see whatever sights might pop up....find a campground for the evenings.....and just wander about. I have no desire to travel more than 400-500 miles each day, but might make a long day run to get somewhere special.

Anybody got some really good suggestions on what/where/when? Anybody wanna go?

Rick Bailey
Tuscaloosa, AL
04 Candy Red

·
Registered
615 Posts
If your into Rallies there is a nice one in Pigeon Forge on the 22 to the 24. Thats a nice rally and the riding is very nice, but sometimes very busy traffic. Joy

·
Registered
12 Posts
yellowwing1 said:
If your into Rallies there is a nice one in Pigeon Forge on the 22 to the 14. Thats a nice rally and the riding is very nice, but sometimes very busy traffic. Jo
APRIL 22nd to 24th, Spring Fling, be there or be square

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'll be at the Spring Fling, sure don't want to be square! After that I'm heading north to Greenville SC to the Party in Victory Lane Rally. When you ride a Wing it wouldn't be unusual to go home to AL from TN via SC, just have to have a poor sense of direction like me :wink: -- Sue

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am constantly hearing about Rallies from this board. How can I find out what rallies are going on this summer and when and where?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts