GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to replace my last Alpin. Checked on line for the Prelli snow control ct.

Walmart has it for $95.99 shipped. Never bought online from Wally before but it was easy to check out as a guest, fast service and shipping :)

Seems like a good price so I ordered on Monday and it came today. Now to find time to get it mounted.

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Just curious whats date on tire ?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I've purchased online tires from Walmart for my cars and truck but never for the bike. I order my car tires for the bike from Tire Rack.
Online tire orders from Walmart can be delivered with FREE shipping to your local Walmart tire shop.
Things change fast though at Walmart. Sometimes there can be a fast changeover of employees. In the last year there has been a complete changeover including a new tire shop manager that has never worked in a tire shop and didn't have a clue!
I had new tires put on my truck there and a year later went in for a rotation and balance check. The couldn't do it. Literally had 'no clue' how to get the tires off the truck. I showed them, then they didn't know how to fit the wheels on the balance machine.
I don't buy tires from Wally World anymore. And NEVER take my Wing wheel there! :frown2:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No shipping or tax just 95.99 We don't have a Walmart near us so I don't use their installers.

Too busy to look for a mfg. date but I don't care with a ct. It's black and round-works for me.

The old Alpin I bought on sale worked just fine for 15k plus miles.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm seeing different listings for the pirelli snow control. One is run flat, the other is non run flat.
Is the tire for $95 at Walmart. Com the run flat? It doesn't say on the website.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
My point exactly. The simpletire link specifically states run flat.
Walmart link does not.
Am I just missing it ?

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
I'm pretty sure its the same tire, walmart doesn't state runflat. Both tires have the same nomenclature, PIRELLI W210 SNOWCONTROL SERIE 3 195/55R-16, maybe call a store and ask.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Pooch.
You're probably right, it's probably the same tire.
It's up to $106 now so I'll just go ahead and order it before the price goes any higher.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ordered it.
With estimated taxes and fees for my zip code, $116 and some change

1 - 12 of 12 Posts