GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me information about the Walmart seat cushion? A web address would be nice. I'm in Canada but can go to the USA to buy one. Several people here were saying what a great seat cushion it was in a thread last year. Thanks

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
On our home page the guy from Cowhide Covers sells them, but you can get two from Wal Mart for the price of one of his and get change back. Down here they are $19.95. His price is $45.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
It's called the Ultimate seat cushion. It is rubber,waffled on one side and solid on the other enclosed in a mesh/cloth cover. They were $18.87 plus tax last year when I bought several. Some of the guys are layering two of them but that would raise you up quite a bit. I think most of the Super Walmart's have them in the auto section. They are sure worth the money.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
It's called the "Relaxation Seat Cushion" and you can't find it online in the USA...only at Super WalMarts. [Although they are offered here for $45.] WalMart used to sell one called the "Ultimate Seat Cushion" which some have found elsewhere although I found the WalMart version to be better. Some have found them at Flying J truck stops.

In Canada.

You can find a much more expensive, gel version here.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Can anyone give me information about the Walmart seat cushion? A web address would be nice. I'm in Canada but can go to the USA to buy one. Several people here were saying what a great seat cushion it was in a thread last year. Thanks
You can get them on Southern Ontario, if you can find them, at Walmart and Can Tire. I bought a couple last fall at the Can Tire in Welland, and I've seen them at several other locations as well. CTC had them on sale at one point for about $9 each, and Walmart for about $19. Check around a few stores. I know someone found them in Mississauga.

·
Registered
855 Posts
actualy if you look at the very bottom of that page you'll see a small memory foam cushion that has some promise!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Wait a minute : There is some merit to this; A little trimming to thin it out in the right places, and this may just be a Best Seller :thumbup: There is Air Flow, and room for the boys.

LOOK - it's even got straps on it! COOL! :joke:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jerry: If you're in Canada you will find the exact same cushion at most Canadian Tire stores. Flying J truck stops have then also. Can Tire price is $19.95

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Walmart Cushion

Thanks everyone. I think I'll buy that one for the toilet. Sure will help when I do another long Iron Butt Ride.:thumbup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just bought one today at Walmart in Melbourne, fl
Jerry

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
It's called the Ultimate seat cushion. It is rubber,waffled on one side and solid on the other enclosed in a mesh/cloth cover. They were $18.87 plus tax last year when I bought several. Some of the guys are layering two of them but that would raise you up quite a bit. I think most of the Super Walmart's have them in the auto section. They are sure worth the money.
+1 :agree::agree::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Canuck
2,824 Posts
Ron - Did you decide on a cushion? I picked one up today at Canadian Tire (the one that Dan & Greg mention), but not sure if it'll do the trick. Will check the two bike shows coming up. Are you going stateside to get the Wal-Mart cushion?

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you decide on a cushion?
Yes, I am going to check out the Walmart cushion for myself. My enquiry was primarily for my son in law who has a Valk but I'm going to try one also.

I have to wait for a while though. Had my right hip resurfaced on February 18 and can't weight bear until April 1. While down and out with this I had to have gall stones removed from my bile duct and then have the gall bladder taken out. It was a week in Hell for me. The pain was unbelievable.

Next Tuesday I see me surgeon and hopefully I'll be able to start walking with a cane. After that I should be back on the bike by the time the salt washes off our roads.

I'll check at Walmart once I shed these crutches and get more mobile. I'm not supposed to drive a car yet either. :shrug:

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They were on sale last year at Canadian Tires Stores for $8.95. I think they are generally around $20. Here is a picture of the ones up here! Like Brian, I bought a couple last year.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the seat cushion everyone is raving about?
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Relaxation-Laboratories-Seat-Cushion/dp/B000QJGIJC[/ame]

·
Canuck
2,824 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the seat cushion everyone is raving about?
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Relaxation-Laboratories-Seat-Cushion/dp/B000QJGIJC
Yup, that's the one I picked up today. $39.99 at CT. Going to hold onto it till after the bike shows to see if anything better is available. Would be interested in the Wal-Mart cushion too.

I don't mind the GW seat, but the ride to B.C. last summer was sometimes 12-14 hrs/day. Got a little uncomfortable at times. Was also thinking of the large WingSoft seat.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts