GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I noticed for the first time this fall, a whopping big green walnut, and a hedge apple lying in the road. I just happened to be riding in my truck. It is that time of year again when the fruits of the trees begin to litter the highway for a few weeks.

Now if they don't make you pucker from time to time, nothing will. It is also the time when the leaves start falling from the trees and that combined with a little moisture can spell disaster.

So, this is just a little friendly reminder to all who live where these things grow, to slow down a bit and be really watchful and careful. Such things are part of the risk of riding just like gravel, tar snakes, (even alligators too???), which need to be managed.

I am sure there are other hazards to which we need to be alert that may be likely to occur in other areas of the country, and world. Ride safely everyone. :)

Todd

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Thanks, and yes the animals are in that season again ( mating) so watch for them also.

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
I was riding down one of our county roads the other day and rounded a corner to find the road covered in muscadines. Man those things are slick. You also get some funny looks from cagers when they see a biker up in a tree pigging out on them. :lol:

Another hazard around here is persimmons, but I don't recommend eating them till after the frost. :lol:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wow, you mean people actually live where its cold enough that trees lose their leaves? :shock: Is that where that white stuff falls out of the sky as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts