GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A real live Walrus was spotted today in downtown New Richmond. There also was this cute girl snuggling up behind the Walrus too. Sorry no pix ,you'll will have to take my word for it. The famous Jucy Lucy burger at Matts Bar in Minneapolis is good but no Anchor Bar and grill burger. Ham Lake Mn does not have ham in it ,a big disappointment !! Camper search continues in Rochester ,Mn Sunday . Any good must eats there??

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think I may have spotted the same Walrus last summer at the Kwik Trip in Barron. Had a nice chat with him and his friends. I was hoping maybe I would run into him and others for some riding this summer, but I haven't been putting on as many miles as I would like. Too many weekends at work. I am in the middle of a 12 day stint right now and have to do two more in October. This schedule really puts a damper on any leisure time for riding.
Good luck with your camper hunting. My wife and I found a camper in Anoka, MN. Below is a photo of our campsite in Washburn Memorial Campground. Since then we spent a week in Door County and this past weekend on the Black River south of Black River Falls. Finally got the chance to see the Mindoro Cut. Hiway 108 and County C was so much fun that I went back and ran that route 4 times!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DJ maybe Dells Ride in is your chance to meet us !!! I can write you a permission slip to hand into work if need be .;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
DJ maybe Dells Ride in is your chance to meet us !!! I can write you a permission slip to hand into work if need be .;)
Thanks for the offer for the permission slip. I will be finishing up a 12 day stretch on the 7th of October. So, I will need the slip to be addressed to my "other" boss who thinks the deck needs to be stained before it gets too cold. I will have to see how much I can get done between now and the 8th. Maybe I could do a day trip.
I am at work right now. Have been here since 3:45 and I have just finished my breakfast break. So, I had better get back to work. I hope you have an enjoyable day today. Looks like a great day for a ride.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
A real live Walrus was spotted today in downtown New Richmond. There also was this cute girl snuggling up behind the Walrus too. Sorry no pix ,you'll will have to take my word for it. The famous Jucy Lucy burger at Matts Bar in Minneapolis is good but no Anchor Bar and grill burger. Ham Lake Mn does not have ham in it ,a big disappointment !! Camper search continues in Rochester ,Mn Sunday . Any good must eats there??
:22yikes: Where? :lol:.

For food in Rochester, I want to try this place sometime. http://www.cccrmg.com/newts.htm

How'd the camper look? Guess'n not to great, your still looking. Good luck on the camper search.

I think I may have spotted the same Walrus last summer at the Kwik Trip in Barron. Had a nice chat with him and his friends. I was hoping maybe I would run into him and others for some riding this summer, but I haven't been putting on as many miles as I would like. Too many weekends at work. I am in the middle of a 12 day stint right now and have to do two more in October. This schedule really puts a damper on any leisure time for riding.
Good luck with your camper hunting. My wife and I found a camper in Anoka, MN. Below is a photo of our campsite in Washburn Memorial Campground. Since then we spent a week in Door County and this past weekend on the Black River south of Black River Falls. Finally got the chance to see the Mindoro Cut. Hiway 108 and County C was so much fun that I went back and ran that route 4 times!
Another one? Maybe the DNR should open up a season on those things.;)

Yep that's a killer schedule. That sucks when all your miles on the bike are going back and forth to work.

Like Rail said, That would be great if you could make the Dells ride.

Otherwise, I been home every weekend. (Girlfriend has been up here, from Iowa.) Drop me a PM if you get a chance to go for a ride. I have Fri.-Sun. off work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts