GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any reason why you cannot connect two devices to the aux audio (under left pocket on gl1800) and run them at the same time? Has anyone heard Sirius XMof a switching device which would allow you to wire them both to the aux audio but switch back and forth depending on which one you want to use? I would like to be able to use my Zumo 396 and Sirius XM radion at the same time but failing that I would be content to find some kind of switching device that allow me to use the Sirius XM without having to unplug the Bluetooth dongle (which connects my 396 to the aux audio) and plug in the Sirius XM. As a last resort I guess I can set up the aux audio plug in the left pocket and just open the pocket, pull one plug and plug the other in. A switch on the dash would be nice.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
It works. If both devices are on at the same time all that happens is that you get a blended version of the two. No need for a switch . . . . unless you want to listen to what amounts to some pretty garbled audio.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I have just such a device from Kennedy Electronics that I had on my 2005 Wing.
This unit allows 2 items to run through one AUX input. You just have to chose which one is primary and what is secondary.
I ran my Serious XM radio as primary and my Garmin 665 as secondary.
I listened to music, but when the GPS had an audio message, it would cut to that until the message was over. Then back to the music.

Worked great.
Not using it now since I got the 2016. If your interested in this I'll be happy to let it go.
Good thing is Kennedy is still out there for support.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
74 Posts
This unit allows 2 items to run through one AUX input. You just have to chose which one is primary and what is secondary.
I listened to music, but when the GPS had an audio message, it would cut to that until the message was over. Then back to them.
Not sure why you would need two audio ports for the 665. The 665 has XMSirius built in. No need to use two audio ports.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Not sure why you would need two audio ports for the 665. The 665 has XMSirius built in. No need to use two audio ports.

True, the 665 has XMSirius. But why should I purchase another contract with them when I have the portable receiver that I can transfer to the bike, car, house, office and shop?
The Kennedy AUX Switch device is a more affordable solution.
And also good news, Kennedy has been back for a few years now.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
226 Posts
I plunged in my Valentine1 radar detector to the aux, definitely can hear it through the speakers with my ear plugs in.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I listened to music, but when the GPS had an audio message, it would cut to that until the message was over. Then back to the music.

Worked great.
Not using it now since I got the 2016. If your interested in this I'll be happy to let it go.
Good thing is Kennedy is still out there for support.

Corventure Dave
I would be interested in relieving you of that device, depending on cost. Bear in mind you would no longer have to bear the burden of storing it. Regards, Reg

·
Registered
618 Posts
I thought they closed the doors/retired?

:smile2: I didn't know Kennedy was back. That's good to know. I have a strain of Kennedy stuff on my 2012 Wing. I moved it from my '00 to the '05 and to the '12 and it all worked and still working. I think the owner's name is Jon and he's always been very helpful even when the business was closed he took my calls. :yes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts