GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys do you have to upgrade the suspension and are dynabeads a definite requirement ? I would like to find somebody close to me that would let me test ride for a couple miles. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
see below

Hey guys do you have to upgrade the suspension No, in fact you will find the ride to be better than with a MT. HOWEVER - there are many who would recommend upgrading your suspension no matter what tire you use. (I have an 02, would like a better front fork suspension, just too cheap at the moment) and are dynabeads a definite requirement No, but IMO they do work well, however I've used the standard lead weights and they have done well by me also. If use dyanbeads, recommended amount is 3 oz in the rear, 2 oz in the front. ? I would like to find somebody close to me that would let me test ride for a couple miles. If you want to make a ride NORTH of Detroit (no, I do not live in the city even though my insurance company charges me like I do :wrong:), you would be welcome to take a ride with me and my riding partner. Thanks in advance.
You'll get different inputs from our esteemed members regarding the relative safety, reliability and other crash-and-burn items of using a CT on the wing, but IMO I will never go back to a MT. And besides, we get cookies :yes1:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ssncob As far as other members inputs, I ride my bike not them.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
May you find what you are looking for in your quest to the Darkside!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Hey guys do you have to upgrade the suspension and are dynabeads a definite requirement ? I would like to find somebody close to me that would let me test ride for a couple miles. Thanks in advance.
Define close ;) come to Wi. I will bolt on ant one of the 3 I have mounted and you can take it for a days spin and Darkside cookies when you say,man I should have did this a long time ago.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Define close ;) come to Wi. I will bolt on ant one of the 3 I have mounted and you can take it for a days spin and Darkside cookies when you say,man I should have did this a long time ago.
Choose curtain number one! You can't get a better deal than this!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Pick one of the popular car tires ( I prefer a runflat, personally), get it balanced (may not even need any wts, or use dynabeads if you want them), and RIDE!

Only a very few people have not liked the ct---almost all love them!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Friday is the day

I have got a super guy north of me, gonna let me try one of his perelli's and then I dont think theres any going back !!! Thanks Rapidray:bow:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I have got a super guy north of me, gonna let me try one of his perelli's and then I dont think theres any going back !!! Thanks Rapidray:bow:
:clap2:Way to go Ray. I am sure you'll be quite happy shorter4. The Pirelli is a good tire. I should know, I have thousands of miles under my belt chasing one all over the VA/WV mountains.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
That is what usually happens!:congrats::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea he said he was down ridin with you. Im gonna put his tire and rim on and try it then probably go to the same place he goes and have one put on my rim while it is off. :p

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Yea he said he was down ridin with you. Im gonna put his tire and rim on and try it then probably go to the same place he goes and have one put on my rim while it is off. :p
Good deal. Then come to WV with him and we'll (Murgie, Ray and myself) will show you how to wear one out in short order.:lol:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We ride to blacksburg VA. quite often how far are you from there?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will give you a holler next time we head that way

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Dang it Ray, I had me another one on the hook and you stole him from me :joke: I get a 1/2 credit for the assist :lol: Now I will just have to eat burgers by myself :-( because I am shy and lonely up here.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
You get an extra half DS cookie for the assist. :lol:

Dang it Ray, I had me another one on the hook and you stole him from me :joke: I get a 1/2 credit for the assist :lol: Now I will just have to eat burgers by myself :-( because I am shy and lonely up here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts