GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you have Kuryakin 4056 pegs mounted ...what do you think?
Or what works best for you? :hun1:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Pleased

[color=green]I just upgraded my older pegs that had the clearance problem to the ERGOII 4056 -- did not order complete new set of pegs, but just the brackets. Big improvement in clearance and looks, so I am very pleased.[/color]

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have had the 4056 pegs for about 2 months. I like the looks and have yet to have clearance problems with them. They seem to be well made and are easy to install.

I am 6'1" with a 33" inseam and I think I need the shorter arms. Have not ordered them yet but, my legs are bent a little too much with the standard arms. If I adjust them forward with the standard arms then the pegs are too high.

It's almost up to 40 degrees I think I'll go try them again. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
ergo II mounts

did anyone find instalation instructions in the ergo II mounts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
NOPE, I got mine at Americade and just kinda figured it out.

I realy like the 4056's I "generaly" don't 'scape' the pegs on purpose, but I have had these over far enough to scape them with the peg's out (not folded up) :shock:

I find them very comfy

·
Registered
40 Posts
floorboards

wingnutzz
Thanks for the info on instalation instructions :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone else routinely scrape their foot pegs in corners? What about with these new mounts? I heard one person mention they scaped with the foot pegs out. I've got a set of the original that I had to move the mounting from the horizontal to vertical crash bars to avoid scraping. One obvious answer is that I shouldn't put the bike into the corner that hard, but dang. This bike is just to much fun on back roads when you've got a clear line of sight through the turn. I'd like to have the option to move the foot rests to the horizontal bars, but only if I won't run the risk of hitting a hard point first.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I don't think you could scrape the mount on the 4056's. Even if you could the bottom of the mount is flat (see the pix at mcspaddenheating.com)

If your that far over
:shock: YIKES: GOOD LUCK these mounts will NOT "dig" like the old mounts.

·
Registered
271 Posts
McNeal, If you are talking about the "new mounts" being ****-O-Pegs, yes the mount ("cover" of the "block") will touch after you stock foot peg has folded up a bit.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I've got the 4050's on the Grape Ape and Although quite a chore to install, they were wonderful. But I did Scrape the peg but not the mounting knuckle in corners. What I did Was to position the mount as far forward on the Horizontal bar and bring the extension arm 1 notch above the center position. NO more scraping.

·
Registered
584 Posts

Have 'em on my '03 "blurple" on the horizontal bar, love them, they haven't scraped yet. The only complaint is the hex is starting to rust on the large chrome button head bolt. Any one else have this problem?

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
BLUEWINGS said:

Have 'em on my '03 "blurple" on the horizontal bar, love them, they haven't scraped yet. The only complaint is the hex is starting to rust on the large chrome button head bolt. Any one else have this problem?
Yep, if ya leave water in there they will develop surface rust. after cleaning I make sure there is no water sitting in there

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
I have just instaled the 4056 ' with the new Switch Blade pegs .They have a swing out heal rest, and they work great.Gives you alot more positions for your feet.
:yw1:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts