GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all yet another BT question. I've read a bunch of threads and I think I have a good plan but want to consult the board.

The situation:
2014 GL1800 comfort no nav
Have a new Zumo 396
I want to get the GPS sound routed through the bike speakers.

I don't have a headset or helmet speakers but that is a future consideration when budget allows.

I believe my solution for now is a BT module from Electrical Connection.

https://electricalconnection.com/index.php/product/honda-gl1800-bluetooth-aux/

Would like to wire the GPS and the BT module on the accessory lead under left pocket. But there is already a lighter socket installed in the pocket. I believe there is a Y connector from EC to split the accessory power. I am considering doing away with the lighter plug, put it in trunk, or wire it to a SAE connector and if needed I can power it off my SAE battery tender lead. I mostly need that receptacle for a tire pump. So that leaves me with two small amp loads on the left pocket connector.

I "believe" that with the EC BT module I can pair it with the Garmin and get the sound thru speakers on AUX. Is this correct?

My dilemma is sound, I usually keep my IPhone on the USB plug in the trunk and get tunes on the bike system but that requires using the AUX/Ipod circuit...... and I am not sure I can get music and GPS audio on one channel, it may be one or the other, is this correct? AUX, or AUX iPod?

I also need to find a mating connector for the accessory lead, the GPS harness is two wires, and I am not sure where to get that mating connector, I am not going to start doing half baked wire taps and splices.

I recognize that I could power the GPS back to the main panel but I am not up for stripping the bike just to get that wire snaked through. But if I have to I would.

I hope I laid out clearly enough what I want to do and thanks in advance for advice/suggestions.....

Craig

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I am not familiar with the EC product, but I have a similar set up on my Level I Audio Comfort 2013, I connected my Garmin NUVI 765 using a unit from Hollsco Group that the previous owner had installed. I built a 3 way jumper harness to top into the power circuit under the left cubby, it all works fine. I paired the Bluetooth on my GPS to my iPhone so I can get phone calls while riding. With the adapter I use the GPS audio come in on the intercom circuit, that can be heard in the headsets, but I do not think it will come through the speakers, on the head sets it does interrupt the music that I stream to the AUX system from my iPhone.

I am going to send you a PM with a link to the GPS adapter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts