GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I bought this particular size shield (F4) and think it's only marginally better than the stock shield and think it's way overpriced compared to other windshields so hope if you are lucky and find a used one, it will be way cheaper than the other brands.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought this particular size shield (F4) and think it's only marginally better than the stock shield and think it's way overpriced compared to other windshields so hope if you are lucky and find a used one, it will be way cheaper than the other brands.
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I don't care to look through the shield and prefer to look over it, I was thinking the curled lip on the top they advertise as giving an extra 2" would do the trick and also give more side coverage. We just got back from a trip in the rain it appears only my outer arms were getting wet. Is the extra width noticeable?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I went with the 16" for the very same reason, don't like looking thru a windshield as it makes things look "distorted".

The extra width helps some but if it's cold out, I still feel quite a bit of air. Also, where the shield is wider on the sides, when you get up above 60 they tend to vibrate some especially the left side. Kind of annoying.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with the 16" for the very same reason, don't like looking thru a windshield as it makes things look "distorted".

The extra width helps some but if it's cold out, I still feel quite a bit of air. Also, where the shield is wider on the sides, when you get up above 60 they tend to vibrate some especially the left side. Kind of annoying.
Thanks for your help and sharing. Where is the vibration coming from, is it where it touches the oem plastic shields on each side?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts