GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so everyone knows, I am in the market for a Tailwind trailer. There have been two advertised on the forum this fall but I wasn’t quick enough on the one and someone had scooped it up before I even saw the ad. The other one was on the west coast 3100 miles from my house and I can’t dodge my responsibilities long enough to make a run that long. So if you’re looking to sell one, or know someone who is, please consider letting me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Any interest in a relay delivery service to help out two board members?

Reactions: david vaughn

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Any interest in a relay delivery service to help out two board members?
I'd help out in a minute, so long as there is an adapter cable to fit my 4pin flat plug.

Arizona to Kansas City MO area would be my leg...perhaps a little further north to Des Moines?

- David

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I’m really impressed by all the goodwill on this board. I’m certainly willing to help out with gas money or a night in a hotel if that helps.
While I appreciate your offer, no need for financial support on my end. There are several riders in the midwest who routinely offer assistance in shuttling trailers/bikes from one locale to another, so they may seek some financial compensation.

What type of plug does the Tailwind have, anyway? If the seller can obtain an adapter plug from his Tailwind to a flat 4-pin, I'm in...

So, when are we doing this?

- David

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Just so everyone knows, I am in the market for a Tailwind trailer. There have been two advertised on the forum this fall but I wasn’t quick enough on the one and someone had scooped it up before I even saw the ad. The other one was on the west coast 3100 miles from my house and I can’t dodge my responsibilities long enough to make a run that long. So if you’re looking to sell one, or know someone who is, please consider letting me know. Thanks.
There is one for sale in california on this board.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

While I appreciate your offer, no need for financial support on my end. There are several riders in the midwest who routinely offer assistance in shuttling trailers/bikes from one locale to another, so they may seek some financial compensation.

What type of plug does the Tailwind have, anyway? If the seller can obtain an adapter plug from his Tailwind to a flat 4-pin, I'm in...

So, when are we doing this?

- David

I did this exact same relay last year from NC to Texas. I fabricated a 5 flat to 6 round adapter so the Tailwind lights would work with my bike. You just need to make sure you have a 12v + from your running lights to the center post on the 6 round for all the lights to work correctly. Everything else is plug and play. The Tailwind was a dream to pull and hardly affected fuel mileage at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I could possibly help in a relay and my bike is wired for a Tailwind....

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
6 pin on a Tailwind.

Taking at face value -- I hear 4 pin can NOT be adapted to work. Glad to hear above 5 can work. It's in an interesting wiring system with isolation relays aboard the trailer requiring a hot lead from the bike, so that may explain the adaptability issues.

I have happily shuttled a Tailwind a few miles around the mid-Atlantic area for others on the board, and will gladly do so again.

I, too, am irked that UncleJohn watches the for sale listings like a hawk and beat me to the Tailwind in PA. Which is color matched to my new bike.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda+Tailwind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts