GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...the FACT is that I would rather pull both my cams...center-spec every one...and maybe even change out the complete cam-chain assembly rather than do the routine air cleaner replacement on my 2008.

I have done major maintenance this year and I can speak to my own experience (well, except for the cam-chain piece that is).

And...the easier of the two is done 2.67 times LESS frequently to boot!! :frown2:

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
...the FACT that I would rather pull both my cams...center-spec every one...and maybe even change out the complete cam-chain assembly rather than do the routine air cleaner replacement on my 2008.

I have done major maintenance this year and I can speak to my own experience (well, except for the chain-chain piece that is).

And...the easier of the two is done 2.67 times LESS frequently to boot!! :frown2:
Yes you made a completely ridiculous statement !

·
Vendor
17,810 Posts
Maintaining a 5th gen correctly, is not only time consuming, but it is costly too.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if Mother could have made the airbox taller, mounted the ECM and Cruise Module (etc.) on the SIDES of this re-engineered airbox, re-positioned the fuel access door and the meter paraphernalia and then engineered some form of "easy-access" air cleaner door through the Shelter?

I guess the optional air-bag would have been the Bug-a-boo then. Sigh.

You can now see why I dropped out of Engineering in '74 !!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe even made the air-cleaner mount vertically and transversely...rather than horizontally.

Ian...the Stupid retired Accountant (rather than Mechanical Engineer)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts