GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a long shot ad but maybe you've got an urge to own a 160HP, 129TQ black metallic monster. Fully outfitted with leather heated Corbin seat with backrest, full Remus exhaust system, Heat-troller controllers, Highway pegs, Brand new Conti Road Attack IIIs, Aeroflow windscreen and upper and lower wings. Did I mention two top cases? Yes, 28 and 50 liter painted and keyed to match with Wunderlich rack and fitted top case bag. 10,500 miles, 2.4 years warranty remaining. Not a scratch, either. The '18 has full up and down quick shifter, dynamic suspension and Hill Hold. Let's talk for details. I'm in 92210 and I'll meet you halfway. Yours must be DCT Touring, color unimportant and Airbag okay.

Desert John
[email protected]

·
Registered
584 Posts
John, Sorry I don't have any interest (my 18 is manual anyway) but a few good pics may help your cause.

·
Registered
301 Posts
This is a long shot ad but maybe you've got an urge to own a 160HP, 129TQ black metallic monster..

Thanks so much! Recovering from minor surgery yesterday and really needed a morning chuckle!:laugh:

·
Registered
228 Posts
This is a long shot ad but maybe you've got an urge to own a 160HP, 129TQ black metallic monster. Fully outfitted with leather heated Corbin seat with backrest, full Remus exhaust system, Heat-troller controllers, Highway pegs, Brand new Conti Road Attack IIIs, Aeroflow windscreen and upper and lower wings. Did I mention two top cases? Yes, 28 and 50 liter painted and keyed to match with Wunderlich rack and fitted top case bag. 10,500 miles, 2.4 years warranty remaining. Not a scratch, either. The '18 has full up and down quick shifter, dynamic suspension and Hill Hold. Let's talk for details. I'm in 92210 and I'll meet you halfway. Yours must be DCT Touring, color unimportant and Airbag okay.

Desert John
[email protected]

wow !!

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'll go against the grain and say that the K1600GT is a nice bike with definitely a more "sport" vibe. For someone who wanted storage and sporty performance, the BMW checks those boxes.

I'm afraid that for OP, the people here want touring that is sporty, and have come to terms with the storage limitations. So "long shot" is very appropriate.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The K1600 is good in the snow! This guy forgot to check the road conditions before going over the mountain pass near me a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trade offer

Well, it's clear I goofed on this one.

Oh, well. I'll have a Wing one of these days and will just have to "suffer" with my GT!

Thanks though, for brightening my day.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Oh, well. I'll have a Wing one of these days and will just have to "suffer" with my GT!

I don't think you goofed. Never hurts to ask... Although, I believe you might have a better chance posting it on a BMW forum hoping to find either somebody (unhappy) with a Wing browsing the BMW forum...or a BMW owner who know a buddy who would like a beemer.... Just a thought...

A buddy of mine bought a 1600 GTL recently and I took it for a spin...Maaaan, that was a fun 10 miles!... Those 160 ponies sure looove to run!... Now, on a long run....I dunno....I'm sure it would hurt the pocket doing a regular maintenance....But it sure is a fun bike!...

Enjoy your ride! And ride safe!...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,288 Posts

A month ago I traded my 2013 K1600 GTL for a 2019 Wing. IMO, the Wing is nicer to ride, the BMW more fun. I'd buy another K1600 in a heart beat.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
I have an '04 Wing, a '14 K1600 GTLE and now an '18 DCT. I have been saying for a while that, I was going to sell the BMW. But lately I have started to think I may not.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Desert John,

I'd probably have to seriously consider trading you my 2013 Level IV Goldwing, with (only) 40,000 miles on it, for your BMW . . . . Even Up . . . but only IF you'll pay (in advance), for the next four routine valve adjustments at my local BMW Dealership.

>:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't think you goofed. Never hurts to ask... Although, I believe you might have a better chance posting it on a BMW forum hoping to find either somebody (unhappy) with a Wing browsing the BMW forum...or a BMW owner who know a buddy who would like a beemer.... Just a thought...

A buddy of mine bought a 1600 GTL recently and I took it for a spin...Maaaan, that was a fun 10 miles!... Those 160 ponies sure looove to run!... Now, on a long run....I dunno....I'm sure it would hurt the pocket doing a regular maintenance....But it sure is a fun bike!...

Enjoy your ride! And ride safe!...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Exactly this. Get that ad on a Beemer forum and you'd see all kinds of praise for the big K bike and quite a few guys poking fun at the 'geriatric' Wing. Anyways...trading is tricky business and certainly a long shot to make both side happy. Just don't let these biased Honda owners sway you from a great bike. We're all watching you disappear on the highway if you lay into that throttle, that's for sure. No contest in performance compare with the GW.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Desert John,

I'd probably have to seriously consider trading you my 2013 Level IV Goldwing, with (only) 40,000 miles on it, for your BMW . . . . Even Up . . . but only IF you'll pay (in advance), for the next four routine valve adjustments at my local BMW Dealership.

>:)
Many non owners of the K1600 have tried to make a huge expensive deal out of the valve adjustment and maintenance of the K1600, way beyond what actually is necessary. Regardless of what motorcycle or brand anyone has, if you follow the recommended service and take it to the dealer, it will be expensive. I put 52,000 miles on my K1600 and had the valves checked once and all were in specs, this is common. It cost me $550.00 and that, other than tires, oil, and filters was the extent of my cost of owning the K1600 while I owned it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Many non owners of the K1600 have tried to make a huge expensive deal out of the valve adjustment and maintenance of the K1600, way beyond what actually is necessary. Regardless of what motorcycle or brand anyone has, if you follow the recommended service and take it to the dealer, it will be expensive. I put 52,000 miles on my K1600 and had the valves checked once and all were in specs, this is common. It cost me $550.00 and that, other than tires, oil, and filters was the extent of my cost of owning the K1600 while I owned it.
Yep. Ignorance and bias speak loudly and the BMW bashers may be the loudest. Great bikes and if you have never owned one you have NO idea what you're missing.

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
Yep. Ignorance and bias speak loudly and the BMW bashers may be the loudest. Great bikes and if you have never owned one you have NO idea what you're missing.
Yes indeed. My spouse and I rode everything, and the choice came down to the Goldwing and the K1600GT. If were suppler (ahem--since I'm including my wife, I have to be tactful), it would have been a much harder choice, because the K1600GT is a terrific motorcycle, but the storage-deficient Goldwing's ride is much softer than the K1600GT's, and in the end that was the deciding factor.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I know this is ridiculous, but I'm still interested in trading my GT for your DCT.

Just bumping my post . . .

Reactions: cycledude
1 - 19 of 19 Posts