GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone. I'm going to be taking a trip this Columbus Day weekend. I'm hoping to get out of Jacksonville, FL this upcoming Friday and stay at my mom's in Athens, GA. From there I will launch north and hope to make it as far as WV. In the event I decide to trek that distance, what would be some of your recommendations for fun twisties as well as scenic sweepers in the lower half of your state?

And if any of you know of some cheap (but clean) hotels or motels, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks for any tips or info you can share!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How far up into the state is Marlinton (time-wise)? Will you all be taking any rides around that area on Sunday?

·
DSI Keeper
9,186 Posts
Marlinton is about an hour north of Lewisburg WV. Lewisburg is off I-64 about half hour from Va state line. Or, about about an hour north of Roanoke WV on Va Rt 310.

No plans for a ride Sunday, but you are welcome to follow me home to where I live (right across the river from Marietta Ohio. Columbus is about 2 hours from there.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a very kind offer. However, I'm not sure I'll be going that far up into the state. Right now, I'm in the research phase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts