GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add some extra LED lights to my bike. Like in the hole on the scuff guards and the radiator grills. Maybe under the bike.Not exactly sure what all I want yet. I already have bought the 3 switch box and a six fused accesory terminal. Was wondering if I need to go ahead and get the ground terminal as well? Where did you get your LEDS? Looking for suggestions and pictures.Thanks in advance

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
now that site has some lights

my wife wants me to put some underbike neon like lights on the wing, this may be the ticket

loren

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pic of LEDS on my Bike

Here is a photo of my bike with various LEDs all over it. I used two 4 light led pods under the saddle bags (you can see their reflection on the exhaust) instead of light tubes. They light up the road pretty well. I also have sharks teeth lights in the air vent on the front fairing that don't show in the picture. Because of statutory limits on lighting here in Va. I have to have red lights on the rear and only yellow lights in the front. The only exception is I have blue leds behind the front speaker grills (red behind and under the back speaker grills).

Rick C.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ric that looks good. Did you use a fused accesory terminal and a accesory ground block?Where did you get your leds from?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have two grounding blocks one under the seat in front of trunk and one under right hand storage pocket. On the hot side I used either an in-line fuse or plugged into the accessory terminal on the bikes fuse block.

Rick C.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Lights

:D Ted Harper Leds Ring of fire and some real cheap purple neons from Wallmart all switched with a big bike console on top of the master cylinder resovoir.
:sw1: :sw1: :sw1: http://www.winglites.com/

M

·
0 Posts
I bought several LED's from Lewis at Electrical Connection as well as his Acc Terminal that hooks up beside the battery and the ground block which you can put anywhere. I am trying to run things neatly and cleanly, so I am using the ground block to keep things off the battery terminals.

I don't have pix because I am not done yet, but I did the ring of fire (two tone from KuryAkyn) and then put lights on the windshield. Took the front part of the fairing and then put lights up against the bottom of the shield. It looks like fiber optics. It actually illuminates the entire perimeter of the shield and the vent hole if you have one. I am also thinking of putting some under the trunk and then under the saddlebags and then that is it....
................well maybe not completely ha ha

Good luck!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here is a picture of Blue Lighting's bike. This was taken inside at a recent mall show to help highlight our riding club the DFW Roadrunners based here in Fort Worth (take a look at our website when you have few minutes http://www.dfwroadrunners.org).

Here is another bike (please excuse the poor picture quality). This is a Candy Red 03 that belongs to an officer at DFW airport. It's pretty unusual because it has custom built mixed red and blue LED step lights all over the bike. Notice the lights inside the rear speaker pods and around the lower edge of the rear speaker pods. It really lit up the garage that night!

The last picture here is a 02 Orange Wing with quite a few (true) orange LEDS. This bike features our latest led (the tube light) around the saddlebags and under the trunk moldings. It has a tremendous ground effect and looks a lot like a ball of fire rolling down the road. Another of our innovations is the light around the edge of the passenger footrests.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Whenever you have a few minutes take look at the website, but be kind it's still very much under construction!

http://www.smithwarenetworks.net/Owl

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the pictures and ideas everyone. Now just to get the rest of parts I need then find time to do it.I have this problem though when I have time to work on the bike and its nice out I just can't help but ride and say I'll work on it later.But it is raining today so I'm off to the shop in a bit to do some work on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts