GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
bought a 2009 GL1800 with a Wingsoft modified heated seat with Utopia backrest that the previous owner had done. I'm looking for someone with a nice stock heated seat with no backrest and no modifications that would like to do a straight up trade. I really don't like the way the seat feels for me and I don't need or want the backrest. Please drop me a P.M. if your interestedLooking for someone local if possible.
I live in Baraboo Wisconsin

My wing is in storage at the moment,but I can take some photos if need be.
Thanks!

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Hello everyone,
bought a 2009 GL1800 with a Wingsoft modified heated seat with Utopia backrest that the previous owner had done. I'm looking for someone with a nice stock heated seat with no backrest and no modifications that would like to do a straight up trade. I really don't like the way the seat feels for me and I don't need or want the backrest. Please drop me a P.M. if your interestedLooking for someone local if possible.
I live in Baraboo Wisconsin

My wing is in storage at the moment,but I can take some photos if need be.
Thanks!
First off welcome to the Wisconsin board. I sure hope you decide to stick around. That sounds like a great deal for someone who is looking for a modified seat. I am sure someone will be asking a few questions in a bit. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is there any color in the seat? Do you know how tall and weight of the original person who got the seat?
Does it have to be heated? I have to check if my extra seat has heat.
Thanks
Jerry

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jerry,
No the seat looks stock black.
No color.
I have no idea of the size and weight of the person who owned my bike before me.
Whomever wants to trade would probably be smart to come to Baraboo and sit on my bike to see if the seat fits them before we trade
Thats why I m hoping someone local wants to trade.
YES! It has to be heated. It wouldn't make much sense for me to trade my heated Wingsoft seat with a Utopia backrest for a stock unheated seat now would it?
When my wing has a comfort audio package......

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I believe on the bottom of the seat Wingsoft puts a identifying number . This could lead to a phone call to them and ask if they have records of what seat is made to .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
460 Posts
Skippy,
I would be interested in trading seats. I have a 2010 GL1800 with a heated seat. Don't know if the snow will ever stop. I will be at the Spring Dells Ride In May. I hope we could get together before that.
Thanks,
Ed (aka rdcapt)

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Hi Jerry,
No the seat looks stock black.
No color.
I have no idea of the size and weight of the person who owned my bike before me.
Whomever wants to trade would probably be smart to come to Baraboo and sit on my bike to see if the seat fits them before we trade
Thats why I m hoping someone local wants to trade.
YES! It has to be heated. It wouldn't make much sense for me to trade my heated Wingsoft seat with a Utopia backrest for a stock unheated seat now would it?
When my wing has a comfort audio package......
Welcome to the Wis. Board Skippy 1969. I have a wingsoft also,its a shame you dont like it. I find that the wife and I can deffinatly tell the difference in the ride. Anyway they make a couple of different kinds of wingsoft. Is it the large, small, is the passenger seat done? The passenger backrest Done? Just wondering for those who might be interested. Again welcome:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Kevin.
If I don't find anyone to trade,I'll just keep it for now and find a stock seat on Ebay.
And then sell the Wingsoft.
The rider and passenger seating surfaces have be modified.
The passenger backrest appears stock.
I don't believe that Wingsoft modifies the passenger's backrest.
Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Skippy,
I would be interested in trading seats. I have a 2010 GL1800 with a heated seat. Don't know if the snow will ever stop. I will be at the Spring Dells Ride In May. I hope we could get together before that.
Thanks,
Ed (aka rdcapt)
Yes if your interested you can come to Baraboo and see if it is what you want.
Otherwise maybe we could meet up halfway maybe like Eau Claire area?
If you want some pics let me know,I'll roll my bike out of storage and take some photos.
Let me know,I too would would like to get this trade done before riding season starts if it ever does,LOL!......:shock:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Between the large and small, there is the Mid Rider which I have.
Mine is not heated, but once I put it on and we went for a ride, I'll be keeping it forever.
Just talked to Wingsoft last week,
I'm sending it in next week for a rebuild (new foam due to 7 years of riding on it).

·
Registered
3,114 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well maybe it had been modified. I know both the driver and passenger seats were done. So maybe the backrest too. I didn't see they did those too,lol!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Well maybe it had been modified. I know both the driver and passenger seats were done. So maybe the backrest too. I didn't see they did those too,lol!

It would be Awesome if you could make it to the Dells Ride In. You meet the nicest people on the Wis. board and on a wing:thumbup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going to try and make it for sure! Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts