GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I have no clearance issue with my standard garage door heights with the 3' Sierra installed...and although I prefer the look of the 2' Sierra, it doesn't perform as well.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I clear the garage door but at the back of the garage I have a low bulkhead. I rarely listen to the radio outside of the big city, so performance is not an issue. I use the ipod for music 99% of the time.

The 3 foot Sierra antenna is the same size as the stock antenna, so I need to go to the 2 foot size.

·
Registered
437 Posts
cut

I cut some off my factory antena, don't remember how much but just enough to give me clearance, and for am/fm the less you cut off the better it will work,

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
There is a short one in my trailer at the shop if I remember right... (I replaced it with a multi-use one when I put in the CB.) Don't know what it's worth, but If you still need one, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I cut my antenna down to 30 inches.... did not effect the FM receive, but probably hurts AM... but I never listen to AM.......... You can probably cut shorter and not have many ill effects because FM antennas are short because of the wavelength of the frequency.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts