GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday the sun was shining and the roads were clear and dry in southeast Michigan and the wife decided that she wanted to be taken for a bike ride. So not one to argue with my wife I said 'Yes Dear'. 200 miles later we were done and had a great time looking at our Winter Wonderland. The temps ran between 15* - 19* F. We both have electric liners, gloves, and socks and were comfortable the whole time. Back sometime before Christmas I bought my wife a pair of Warm & Safe Classic gloves from Tourman http://12voltclothing.com/Home_Page.php because she was not warm enough with the gloves from Gerbing. Because of business and weather this was the first real cold temperatures ride with the new gloves. Well she has nothing but praise for the gloves. THANK YOU TOURMAN ! great guy to deal with. If momma is not happy nobody is happy. I think I might buy a set for myself. Didn't see any others bikes out 'Where is everybody ?'. I think that this was the first time that I had more ice in my Butler Cup at the end than I started with.
Ride Safe
Ken

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Thank you Ken,

Glad the gloves are working out. Nothing worse than cold fingers.

It hit 5 above here today :wrong: lol Larry

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I have the same gloves, nice quality and fit. However, I found the first time I used them that there's are a couple of hot spots - I mean uncomfortably HOT. It's right over the knuckle on a couple of fingers.

Next time I use them I will have to put on a couple of small band-aids or something to provide some insulation.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
You should return them to your dealer then. They shouldn't be doing that.

The wiring has a lifetime warranty

I have the same gloves, nice quality and fit. However, I found the first time I used them that there's are a couple of hot spots - I mean uncomfortably HOT. It's right over the knuckle on a couple of fingers.

Next time I use them I have to put on a couple of small band-aids or something to provide some insulation.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I got the gloves from Tourman and they made a world of difference when riding in 34 deg weather. However, my toes were ready to fall off from frostbite. Just got socks a few weeks ago and now all is good. I am still having to layer clothes with thermal underwear, but my body and legs arent usually cold.

·
Registered
20,680 Posts

Next time I use them I will have to put on a couple of small band-aids or something to provide some insulation.
i've seen about the same comment a couple of times befor from other folks

do u happen to have the more expensive gloves that have the knuckle protectors ? i had a very nice pair of Firstgear mesh gloves that had the knuckle protectors, i think it was mostly the knuckle protectors that made them uncomfortable for me, i had to sell the gloves but they fit the new owner very well so i guess in the end it was a good deal for both of us.
maybe gloves without the knuckle protectors would work better for u .

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
The carbon fiber on the knuckle area shouldn't be a problem.

Something's wrong with the gloves wiring. Like I say return the gloves.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
i've seen about the same comment a couple of times befor from other folks

do u happen to have the more expensive gloves that have the knuckle protectors ? i had a very nice pair of Firstgear mesh gloves that had the knuckle protectors, i think it was mostly the knuckle protectors that made them uncomfortable for me, i had to sell the gloves but they fit the new owner very well so i guess in the end it was a good deal for both of us.
maybe gloves without the knuckle protectors would work better for u .
yes, they are the model with carbon fiber "knuckle protectors". I bought them directly from Warm & Safe so I'll have to contact them.

·
Registered
20,680 Posts
The carbon fiber on the knuckle area shouldn't be a problem.

Something's wrong with the gloves wiring. Like I say return the gloves.
no they should not cause any problems but in my case they did..................... new gloves with knuckle protectors will most likely cause the same problem

·
Registered
686 Posts
Not to hijack a thread but for many years I rode with these red/brown deer skin gloves (available everywhere) and I liked them because the more I rode the softer they got. I was thinking one day and thought that they have have no real binding to keep them on in a wreck. The strap across the back was long worn out and remember reading that in car/ped wrecks people are knocked out of their shoes. Perhaps shoes without laces. What I am getting to is that the forces on impact are violent and gloves like shoes could be blown off at impact leaving the hands to slide down the road. With me still?

I went looking for soft, loose fitting (my preference) gloves that had a velco strap along the back to insure a narrow neck at the wrist to keep the gloves on. Amazing that I missed that for 20 years but then its been that long plus since I needed gloves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts