GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help - should I buy warm & safe or Gerbling products. Jacket or liners? Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I'm getting the gloves and Jacket liner!

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've had my Warm & Safe over a yr. now....Very happy with it.
You'll probably be happy with either one, both are great jackets.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've got Gerbing for my wife and I, and we are both totally satisfied. We've got liners and gloves.

Gerbing stands behind their products 100%.

Carl

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have Widder vest, chaps and gloves. Have had them for 10 years. No problems and keep be toasty warm!!

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I own both Widder and Gerbings. They are both fine products.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've had a complete Gerbing suit (jacket, pants, gloves and socks) for over 7 years. I ride every weekend throughout the winter (as long as the roads are clear) and have nothing but good things to say about the suit.
By far the best heating apparel on the market.

http://www.polarbeargrandtour.com/

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
A friend of mine has a dual sport shop and sell both Gerbing's and Warm 'n' Safe. I asked him the same question and he told me that both are good, but the Gerbing's is warmer than the Warm 'n' Safe gear. He said that it's very good, high quality, but just not quite as warm as the Gerbing's stuff. So I guess the answer is, you won't go wrong with either. My Gerbing's jacket liner is over 10 years old and is still working well, so I can't justify getting a new one. I understand that the new Gerbing's stuff is even warmer than the older gear, and my jacket is plenty warm.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Gerbing liners are grrreeeeeeeeeeeeeat.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I was looking for heated clothing last year and was waffling between Gerbing and Warm & Safe. Considering their prices are too close to consider that as the differentiator, I decided on Gerbing for the following 3 reasons:

1. There was a battle of words going on between Gerbing and the makers of the Heat Troller. Without going into details I found that Gerbing handled themselves in a much more professional manner.

2. I ran into Gerbing sales folks at several motorcycle rallies. I never ran into Warm & Safe. The Gerbing folks had me try on all their gear, test it out, measured me and then said when I'm ready to buy give them consideration. In other words, they kissed my ass and made sure I knew what I was getting into months before I ever made a buying decision. I feel good knowing that if their customer service as that good before the sale then the after sales support should be fairly decent.

3. I know a lot of folks that have Gerbing gear and have heard zero complaints. I don't know anyone personally that has Warm & Safe. When laying down over a thousand bucks for riding gear (outfitted both my wife and I) I don't want to be the maverick.

All three reasons are subjective in my thought process. But that's how I ultimately decided on my purchase.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Choice is yours. Gerbing has a bigger selection, is a larger company, been around a long time, and has a lot of time tested stuff out there. We have about two and a half sets of Gerbing clothes, and never a failure.

Warm&Safe (Heatroller) used to supply Gerbings controllers when I got my first electric laundry setup - which was before the falling out of the two and Gerbing went offshore for their supplier. I have 4 different controllers now, all Heatrollers, and have never had a failure with them, either.

So, I use both, and am happy with both. And I agree that Gerbing handled themselves in a much more professional manner than Mike did in the mud throwing contest.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Gerbings, I just did.
I just bought the G3 gloves, jacket liner, pant liner, regular socks and portable dual controller. I got tired of putting on multiple layers and still being cold while riding in the 20s and 30s. The Gerbings are $$ but I don't hear anybody complain about them and that says alot to me. I've been wearing my Tourmast/Cortech gear for 5 seasons and going so I expect the Gerbings to be good for at least that.

Steve

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Steve, I just got my new Gerbings also. I got the Jacket, socks, Perm Controller. I will hook that up today. Should be fun. LOL I cant wait till it cools off now.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Great White Wing said:
As I see it you can winterize the bike or the rider. I prefer the later.
This is what I tell them when I go ride in the winter. For some reason, I prefer to ride in the winter and be winterized. :D

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Toyo said:
Steve, I just got my new Gerbings also. I got the Jacket, socks, Perm Controller. I will hook that up today. Should be fun. LOL I cant wait till it cools off now.

Steven,

We'll have to go for a cold ride in Dec. I'm heading to MA and NH in Nov. and can't ride the wing 'til then, my E3's are good for maybe 2-4k so I'll replace them when I return if my shop has any in (they said they'd hold me a set). I tested the Gerbing stuff last week when it was cold and almost sent them back but then fudged with the hookup and got everything good, I really think I'm going to like them.

Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts