GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I asked this question before. How do I get air flow out of the side Warming vents. I have tried on my 2006 and now on my 2007 to get any air, let alone heat, without success. Seems like Honda forgot put passage to the louvers??:shrug:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Same on my 08.

There's a duct that ends at the vents but I've never felt anything substantial or detectable from them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
At 36 degrees and 65 MPH I thought I felt a little warmth. Maybe frost bite?:shrug:

·
Registered
603 Posts
If you look at the ducts with the plastic off the bike, or the drawings of them in the service manual, you will note that they have a narrow cross section and bends not suitable for moving much air. I can't feel anything on my '08.

One member removed the ducts and used the opening to mount an accessory panel. I think that's probably the best use for them.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I don't know why someone couldn't modify those ducts and tap some nice warm air from the radiators that would flow through those vents. Then we would have something nice, warm air on the legs.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I don't know why someone couldn't modify those ducts and tap some nice warm air from the radiators that would flow through those vents. Then we would have something nice, warm air on the legs.
That sounds like a great idea, but has anyone else noticed that all that heat that burns your shins in the summer is nowhere to be found when the temperature drops below about 40 degrees?:shrug:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
On my '09 they work great. Picked up the bike on Friday not too bad but ended up not getting to leave till Saturday due to the windshield needed adjusting was 29 when we started 36 max and only 150 miles home. Feet stayed nice and warm hands and sitting appratus toasty even though just had a pair of thin fligh gloves on.

·
Registered
570 Posts
You might rig up a small computer CPU fan to force air through the many bend tunnel. In the winter build a gate to block cold air and open a vent to radiator fins too help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts