1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time of year

Deer are in the rut and theyre bat$hit crazy

Be careful out there.

This morning - eastbound interstate 44, just inside the St. Louis County line and a couple miles before the intersection of I-44 and highway 141.

This car has ten airbags and they all went off.

THAT was an exceptional experience.

:)

Be careful - a hit like this on a motorcycle would be a lot less pleasant.

ATGATT would be a plus this time of year.

Just sayin'.

·
IronMan
17,230 Posts
Where do we go to pick up the deer jerky ? >:)

Reactions: Justa_Poser

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Went to Louisville yesterday via I-65, 50 miles...saw FIVE deer (dead) along the sides of this interstate. Can't imagine hitting a large deer at 70-80 miles mph. One reason I hardly ever ride the GW in late evening or after dark.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was gonna take it home, but the wife said she ain't eating no road kill.

Lol

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Reactions: Justa_Poser

·
Registered
901 Posts
That'll buff right out. Too bad about the forest rat.

Several years back, I had the very same collision, at night, and when the reporting Sheriff's deputy finally found the remains back up the highway a mile where it'd happened, he told all the locals ( the ones gathering around my car at the nearest 7-11 where I'd stopped to call in the report) that both halves of the poor thing were so bruised up they'd not get any usable meat from it. With a collective sigh that sounded like a big "aw crap", they all stopped sharpening their knives, got back in their trucks and drove off.

I'm guessing bruised venison doesn't taste as good as non-bruised?

·
Banned
684 Posts
Years ago a friend of mine hit a deer on his motorcycle, killed the deer and the very first person who came up to the accident site leaned over him, as he lay on the road, and asked "can I have the deer?"
I must censor his reply.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Having had the pleasure of plugging a deer on a bike, I can testify that it's something to avoid. Forest rats. I don't hunt but I look forward to hunting season every year.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well so far - so good

The insurance paid $15,888 to fix the car, and it's back in service. The body shop did a great detail job on it, but there are a few nits that need to be re-worked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts