GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I've ordered things from WISH before in the $1~5 range...nothing larger. They just online market things for other companies (Chinese mostly). Last purchase was headlight bulbs for the GW - $.97 and they been in for 17 months now, working fine.

I would guess the Arai is probably a knockoff or just from another company using the same name.

Good luck and keep us posted. I'm in the market for a new helmet also at the end of this season.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was taken to Harbor Freight the other day. I commented casually about all the intellectual property and jobs that had been exported to China so that importers could get rich(er) and the masses could have cheap stuff, mostly at the expense of exploited Chinese workers “living” in dormitories.

The fellow in line in front of us started in on a tirade because he had recently bought an Arai helmet and it was such a pos that he’d thrown it to the ground and it had broken on impact. I asked him if it had been new and what he’d paid for it. He said yes it was new, and that he should have realized it was counterfeit because it was so cheap. He was especially angry at the Chinese for selling counterfeit safety gear. Frankly, I don’t know why anyone would expect different.

So .... the OP’s warning About Arai branded helmets for HJC or lower prices is a good one. The Chinese have no respect for intellectual property or branding. None.

It’s your head.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have seen many counterfeit ARAI helmets on the web. Many look genuine but, are made in China and are abs plastic instead of glass. Ebay had some a while back for $99 plus free shipping from China.

·
Love The DCT
12,024 Posts
I just ordered an Arai from a website named WISH. Has not come yet but I am worried the $100 price is too good to be true?
Just throwing this FYI out there to you guys and girls. Peace. https://www.itv.com/news/2019-07-12...in-fake-crash-helmets-itv-news-investigation/
100 bucks is definitely too good to be true for a genuine Arai helmet.
Take a look at the prices of Arai helmets here.

https://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pl.asp/c3/Full-Face-Helmets/c2/Helmets/c1/Street-Products/Brand/Arai

:doorag:

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
My wife learned the hard way, several times, that WISH is useless. Virtually everything she ordered was the wrong size or color. She'd call and complain and they'd apologize and tell her to keep it and they'd refund her money. Most of it is to cheap for them to even pay for it to be returned. Check it, inspect it, and give them a call. You might get a cool wall hanger and your money back. Good luck.

Reactions: Steve410x

·
Registered
35 Posts
My wife learned the hard way, several times, that WISH is useless. Virtually everything she ordered was the wrong size or color. She'd call and complain and they'd apologize and tell her to keep it and they'd refund her money. Most of it is to cheap for them to even pay for it to be returned. Check it, inspect it, and give them a call. You might get a cool wall hanger and your money back. Good luck.
May make a good gift for the mother-in law?:laugh:

Reactions: OldFatGuy

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Unfortunately any thing of value will be counterfeited. Most manufacturers have made it an easy task by having their products made by the cheapest bidder. A friend of mine bought a Go pro Hero black off of wish for $25.00, and it is identical to the one I paid $500.00 for with the exception of the logo. Even works with Go pro app and software. In some instances it's probably the same product they manufacture for a company. We really are at the mercy of the distributors and retailers. Because most dealers do not stock a supply of helmets, I have been forced to buy my last few helmets online site unseen. I've been lucky, but it does help to be able to physically examine the helmet and have the option to send it back if necessary.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Counterfeit spark plugs, are another item, to watch for. China will copy anything, and rip off who ever they can. Be aware of deals that sound too good to be true!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Counterfeit spark plugs, are another item, to watch for. China will copy anything, and rip off who ever they can. Be aware of deals that sound too good to be true!
Ezacly

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Reactions: UNCLEJOHN and Pooch

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I worked for a company whose products were stolen by the Chinese. We spent millions on lawsuits in China that were a joke - the Chinese courts would call our lawyers to fly over and when they got there they'd say the hearing was delayed two weeks. That happened five times before they just threw out the lawsuit. Then they lied about us polluting a nearby water supply. Then, we won in the U.S. and got a five year injunction against them that was only good in the U.S. They could still sell our counterfeited products everywhere else in the world. So yeah, I'm all for any amount of tariffs we can levy against the Chinese. The theft that China has perpetrated against the U.S. is the largest transfer of wealth in human history, and it's been going on for over 30 years.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally got my new Aria helmet today from Wish.
I just bought a new Shoei RF1200 three weeks ago and it was packaged awesome and is awesome fit and finish.

This helmet is totally bogus from the get go! No box. Just three layers of bubble wrap and helmet bag with no Arai written on it.

I need to try to get my $104 back from Wish.

This is just an FYI
. Buyers beware.
Peace. D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Looks pretty. :wink2:

Reactions: CAWing
1 - 20 of 33 Posts