GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
For us midwestern riders planning a last fall trip, just a word of caution about those deciduous trees losing their leaves on the unexpected curves on roadways, especially after a rain.

Be carefull out there.:eek:

They'll lay your Goldwing down faster then you can say:
"Da'Bears are not going to the Super Bowl"............

·
Registered
210 Posts
Winger its not just the leaves and rain, the varmits are out because of the cool morning and warm days. Took a ride last night and on the side of the road was deer, in the road, snakes, *****, and other animals. So beware from the Ozarks in Missouri......they'll get ya......have a good ride.....

·
Registered
918 Posts
You ever wonder about people who mow their yard and blow enough wet grass on the road to turn it green? I can tell you this from experience wet grass is as slick as any ice!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Good advice...last time I rode back from Pigeon Forge (long way thru the mountains) I came upon some very sharp curves that had water trickling across...riding 2 up and fully loaded I REALLY slowed down.

Thanks for sharing, you just don't know what hazards are out there! :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
larrylee731 said:
Winger its not just the leaves and rain, the varmits are out because of the cool morning and warm days. Took a ride last night and on the side of the road was deer, in the road, snakes, *****, and other animals. So beware from the Ozarks in Missouri......they'll get ya......have a good ride.....
Early this morning on my way to work..someone hit a skunk right in front of me HOLY MOLY did it STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to get the Lemon pledge out so It will smell like lemons again instead of skunk !!!!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
For us midwestern riders planning a last fall trip, just a word of caution about those deciduous trees losing their leaves on the unexpected curves on roadways, especially after a rain.

Be carefull out there.:eek:

I know this may sound like I know everything, but you can really help avoid accidents if you ride a gold wing with ABS. ABS on a gold wing will not allow you to skid on leaves or wet grass. Gold wings with ABS are very safe bikes :yes1:

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
azblackbird said:
I know this may sound like I know everything, but you can really help avoid accidents if you ride a gold wing with ABS. ABS on a gold wing will not allow you to skid on leaves or wet grass. Gold wings with ABS are very safe bikes :yes1:
Don't let ABS lull you into a false sense of security. A bike leaned into a curve suddenly loaded with leaves will possibly slip with or without ABS as the brakes don't even have to be used. Please be cautious with or without ABS.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
WI Winger, doubtful the Pack are going either.

Can you say shutout?

Go Bears!

Oh yea, you are right about those leaves (Don't ask me how I know) they can be very dangerous indeed!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Just returned from Oak Island, N.C. last Monday by way of I-40 through Ashville and then Knoxville. On late Sunday afternoon, we had a good down pour west of Ashville, coming down the long winding decline. Tractor Trailers all over the road going faster than I wanted to go. Tough time avoiding them. Finally exited (Deep Springs Rd.?)about 15 miles east of the Sevierville exit. spent the night and home on Monday. That rain made it tough on Sunday. Monday was great.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
ahhh-hemmm what is the Fudge Packers record these days? I know they are not 3 - 0 like uhhh lets seeee... DA BEARS!!

See ya next week at breakfast!! :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts