GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when and how do we pick up the extended warranty. Th e bike is a 2001-with 18000 on it--can I still purchase the extended?

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
231 Posts
Check with Hal at our host, HDL. He was offering a pretty cool deal on extended warrenties.
I believe that as long as you are still within your Honda warrenty period, you can get the extended.
If I add the latest two year extension on the engine, my '02 is covered till 2011. :shock:
Told the wife and she says "Won't we have a new one before then? :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
I doubt seriously that the 2 year warranty extension due to the settlement will count as far as the purchase of the extended full warranty goes. I would still expect that you would have to be within the original "3 year since first purchase" guidelines to obtain the full extended warranty.
Don't know for sure but would bet a bundle I'm right.
Jim

·
Registered
231 Posts
You are right Jama,
I have the Honda 4 year extended and with the 2 year engine extension added,...well I guess I just wasn't clear. :oops:
Even without the 4 year extension, the 2 year engine warrenty would apply, but you could not get the 4 year extension after the original 3 years was expired. :?
Sheeessshh :!:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Honda 2 yr extended warranty...

Any of you fellas have a theory on whether or not us Canucks will be able to take advantage of the 2yr extended warranty from Honda. I had my ECM replaced last August, bought the 03 in June. I'm sure an enquiry at Honda Canada would elicit a big 'hunh?', 'what are you talking about'... They like to play dumb and it isn't a real challenge for them sometimes :twisted: .
Jim W.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tHANKS--FOR YOUR HELP--ECM, O2 sensor and CB all done at the same time, YES, all covered under the warrrenty--the O2 sensor was covered under the exhurst (sp?) portion of the extended warrenty.

Guess what??? The CB fix did not work--used it on the way home and teh same thing happened--use it a few times and the mute stays on the radio.
I have to turn the bike off and then the system resets itself.

So--back we go.

thanks again,
phil

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sorry Lucky, this time you were not! :(
She has two brothers???
If she had a sister, I would have probably moved to Utah and married them both! :D

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Hawk.... :cry:

jkw...I was wondering about you guys up north getting the extended warranty or not. Can't see why you shouldn't. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts