GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has a spare wheel with a ct on it. I tried it for 400 mi. and like it. My question is I have a 08, if I run a ct will there be any warranty problems? Its time for news tires and wanted to know if anyone has had any problems. Thanks BBR

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Warranty is void from installing a trailer hitch or triking your Wing,it
doesn't stop anyone from towing trailers or riding trikes" So why do
you care? A good dealer will take care of you no matter what you do
to your Wing just like the guys with trailer hitchs and trikes.

if you have a good dealer to deal with do what you want, if you have
an azz hole dealer beware of what you do to your Wing"

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you are really worried about it, keep the old rim and mc tire in reserve to reinstall if you ever need warranty work. Or plan to borrow one if the need ever arises.

A spare rim will run you about $100. Not a bad price for peace of mind (not that I've heard of any warranty denials based on a CT).

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
, if you have
an azz hole dealer beware of what you do to your Wing"
Better yet...Find a new dealer :thumbup: No reason what-so-ever to put up with a dealers crap. If he is not there for you...then move on. He'll either get with the program or get into another line of work.

·
Registered
775 Posts
My dealer offered to mount my car tire for me..........he has no issues with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the help, didnt think it would be a problem. The friend I borrowed the ct from was in a accident with a cager, cager pulled out in front of him could not stop hit cager in the side. Law officers nor insurance co said a word about ct. Thanks BBR

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just had some work done / dealer replaced a bad relay / he had no problem with the CT :thumbup:

·
Registered
839 Posts
I don't really think warranty is the issue or will be the issue. Normally its not the dealer that has a problem its the insurance. For example our honda dealer worked on all bikes up until last year, he no longer will work on Trikes or bikes with trailer hitches, not because of warranty issues or because he is being a dork, but because the people that insure his shop don't allow it and if they do the price goes up. We tend to sometimes blame the dealer when actually his hands are tied, you gotta remember its his livelyhood. My problem would be insurance, I would worry about weather you have coverage if you got into an accident, I dought it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I don't really think warranty is the issue or will be the issue. Normally its not the dealer that has a problem its the insurance. For example our honda dealer worked on all bikes up until last year, he no longer will work on Trikes or bikes with trailer hitches, not because of warranty issues or because he is being a dork, but because the people that insure his shop don't allow it and if they do the price goes up. We tend to sometimes blame the dealer when actually his hands are tied, you gotta remember its his livelyhood. My problem would be insurance, I would worry about weather you have coverage if you got into an accident, I dought it. Just my 2 cents.
No one cares what tire is on your motorcycle when you
crash it, least of all the Police and your insurance
company. Don't take my word for it" call your local
Police Dept, Highway Patrol and your insurance
company. They will be glad to tell you they don't care,
for that matter they will tell you they don't care what
tread they have on them" :shrug:

You are worried about NOTHING" :roll:

Ride Enjoy, be Happy" ;)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'd like to see that in writing from the insurance company. It sounds more like an excuse than a valid reason.

·
Registered
775 Posts
what 211Chuck said.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I'd like to see that in writing from the insurance company. It sounds more like an excuse than a valid reason.

He can't get it in writing from any insurance company
ever, so I sure hope your not holding your breath"

S

·
0 Posts
Another reason why I don't buy new - half the price and none of the worry.

If the dealer is a crook then I suppose you could have some problem but I would find it hard to believe a good dealer would even care. Chances are any warranty issues are going to be plastic or electronics related not drive train.
I would just do it - why worry?

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Might be a issue here!

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Might be a issue here!

Hazel,you really should have that vehicle aligned,the camber is way out of whack..Guess you never check your tires like you should??. :shrug:

Ahhh what the hell,It's still up,drive on it for a few more miles before you change it out,no sense in tossing a tire that can hold air right. :shrug:

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Hazel,you really should have that vehicle aligned,the camber is way out of whack..Guess you never check your tires like you should??. :shrug:

Ahhh what the hell,It's still up,drive on it for a few more miles before you change it out,no sense in tossing a tire that can hold air right. :shrug:
Wait until you see the ones I've benn taking off my Bikes. I'm going to go out to the shed and get some pictures for you all to judge. I think I get more wear then anyone. I'll be posting them soon!

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Wait until you see the ones I've benn taking off my Bikes. I'm going to go out to the shed and get some pictures for you all to judge. I think I get more wear then anyone. I'll be posting them soon!

I know this guy who says he checks his tires before each ride..

Well on a ride with a few other guys,One guy says Kurt,you running a racing tire on your wing??

He took one look at the Slick (formerly a 704),it was completely bald,so bald in fact that he had the bike towed to a dealer for a new tire.He didn't want to ride it after it was pointed out to him..
Could of been a bad day if it had let go in a twisty. :22yikes:

I've seen some bald tires with cord showing on these forums in the past,so nothing amazes me much anymore..LOL

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I have a friend who does nothing but sell and install tires on bikes. In the back he has a pile of bike tires he has taken off bikes that were riden there. You would be absolutely amazed.:eek:4::rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I have a friend who does nothing but sell and install tires on bikes. In the back he has a pile of bike tires he has taken off bikes that were riden there. You would be absolutely amazed.:eek:4::rolleyes:

No I wouldn't, I have the same pile of take off tires at
my shop" :rolleyes:

Some peoples children" :shrug:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts

You know I kid you at times about how often you switch brands of CT/MT's.
But I bet you and I are the only guys who toss tires before they get to the wear bars..:shrug:

I also been behind motorcycle shops and saw the pile of tires they had there and was just amazed at what I saw..

Tire shops should build a tire display along a wall and call it "The wall of Shame" :22yikes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts