GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I looked in the back of the owner's manual for the warranty section - that's usually where it is. All I found was a small ref. on page 229 that says the warranty info is in the pamphlet which I received along with the various other pamphlets and paperwork & owners card at the time of purchase. I can't find that pamphlet or owners card.
Our group (SCRC) has 8 new GoldWings - 6 from the same dealer. So I texted the others to see if I could borrow theirs. Have heard back from 4 of them and none of them received either the pamphlet or owner's card.
Did any of you get such info??

Tks, TravelingMan

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Would think it’s available online

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did not receive one either. I was told by my dealer to call Mother Honda 1-866-784-1870 to request the booklet. It came about a week later. Never received a card, though.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
For my new 2013 I got both.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So I called Cust Svc. Said they would have 1 to me in a week. Had no idea what an Owner's Card was but will check around.

"We'll see" said the blind man.

·
Registered
466 Posts
FWIW, at Southern Honda Powersports they gave me a folded sheet of printed paper which had boxes for each letter, and was an official bit of Honda Corporate paperwork.

At the bottom was the “warranty card” which I could cut out and carry.

I just put the whole sheet with the rest of the boiler plate in the safe.

If you have warranty trouble, you should not need the card. The bike will be in their database with an “in service” date, and they’ll honor or not honor the warranty based on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts