GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, picking up my "new to me" 2018 Friday. Anyone know about transferring the remaining warranty? Big hassle? Can it be done online? Amy info would be appreciated. TIA

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Call Honda in Torrance California. They'll actually want to know.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Think you can go to your local dealer with bill of sale and they will transfer warranty over to you. Am not sure, but think that’s how it works. If u r getting from dealer, they should hook you up.

·
Registered
878 Posts
While being on the subject, Can the balance of the Honda extended warranty be refunded if you want?

Barney
When I crashed in 2013 and totaled my Wing I called Honda told them and they refunded the prorated amount of extended warranty remaining.
I don't think I could just drop it but being that the bike was totaled it qualified for a refund.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
Howdy, picking up my "new to me" 2018 Friday. Anyone know about transferring the remaining warranty? Big hassle? Can it be done online? Amy info would be appreciated. TIA

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
When you show your current registration to a honda dealer service department for the bike orginal factory warranty will be yours . The extended warranty needs to be transferred also at this time. If if last owner of the bike request a refund before you show your registration to honda dealer you will loose it. When I purchased my pioneer 700 I when from the state tag office with old owner to honda dealer to do this and had extended warranty transferred.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
While being on the subject, Can the balance of the Honda extended warranty be refunded if you want?

Barney
Yes as long as you request it before new owner show new registration to any Honda dealer service department what's that Honda seized new registration all warranties will transfer and become the current owners bike warranties but you can't get a prorated for the time you didn't use long as you get there before he does she does this really should be discussed when negotiating price you can probably get half or all the money really true the deal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts