GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to one of my local dealers today to get a tire changed and I was able to purchase for $190.00 a brand new rear rim with the factory 250 Dunlap with the TPMS. This is something they had after a trike conversion of a brand new bike. I felt it was a fair deal and bought it. Does it sound good for me?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Sorry. It's only a 'FAIR' deal - especially with the Dunflop 250 on it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It was a 2010 or older, I bought a 2012 trike takeoff from the swingarm back for 300. This included the rotor, brakes, rearend, wheel and a brand new stone.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I went to one of my local dealers today to get a tire changed and I was able to purchase for $190.00 a brand new rear rim with the factory 250 Dunlap with the TPMS. This is something they had after a trike conversion of a brand new bike. I felt it was a fair deal and bought it. Does it sound good for me?

If you didn't really need a new rim, then not a good deal.

If you did need a new rim, then pretty good deal IMO.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the tire isn't my first choice for sure, but you can easily see that it hasn't been on the ground and said the rim alone retailed for over $500.00 in the Honda listing. He has a good deal more items all of which came off late model bikes to convert into trikes.

The Honda dealer in Bessemer, Al. (Custom Performance Honda @ 205-428-6266):thumbup:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
It was a good deal....I just sold a new 2010 wheel and new 250 on here with 0 miles on them for 200.00 plus shipping...It sold in 9 minutes....And I had a whole page of guys than wanted it if the guy above them did not take...You paid 190.00 and no shipping....Smoking deal.... LOL

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
It nice to have a spare rear wheel, If your going on a trip and think you might need a new tire you can one ready to go on the spare wheel and switch it. Then when you get back home you can switch back and run the rest of the miles off the other wheel.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I paid $225 for a new wheel with a D250 on it 2 years ago. The guy had me over barrel and knew it. I was stranded on Memorial Day Weekend with a delaminated tire and no open dealers. I would have given him $325 for the thing just so I could get home. You got a deal that was fair to all involved...paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts