GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2012 in for a air bag recall which was done according to the paperwork I received,nothing on the paperwork listed rear brake recall done. Now dealer claims the rear brake was done . Is there any visible way to tell if the rear mastercyl. or whatever was supposed to be corrected was done ?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Not sure, but you will likely get more responses if you post your question in the Gen 2 area (2001 to 2017 GWs). This forum specifically refers to 2018+ bikes.

·
motorcycle cowboy
933 Posts
Pull off the right side engine cover and look for this center punch.

Attachments

·
IronMan
17,628 Posts
took my 2012 in for a air bag recall which was done according to the paperwork i received,nothing on the paperwork listed rear brake recall done. Now dealer claims the rear brake was done . Is there any visible way to tell if the rear mastercyl. Or whatever was supposed to be corrected was done ?
have someone run vin # call a different honda shop and tell them vin and your looking to buy it and see what maintainance was done if they did recall would be registered

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
You can check the recall status by entering the VIN

https://powersports.honda.com/recalls

Should tell you if it was reported to Honda as being done.
The question of whether the dealer did it correctly is separate issue.

Seems like some techs may have been following the 'normal' service manual bleed instructions rather than the extra flush instructions in the recall package. (which used a lot more fluid than 'normal')

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
Is there any visible way to tell if the rear mastercyl. or whatever was supposed to be corrected was done ?
Yes ... with your VIN, the Service Advisor can print out a history of all warranty repairs and recalls that has been performed on your Wing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts