GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This last Summer Leslie and I made a ride to Washington to visit family and friends. While there, we rode over to Packwood for their Labor Day flea market. I'll try and post some pics and video for your enjoyment. The video is of a section of road heading East toward Yakima and stopping at the summit of White Pass.

Rimrock Lake

Mt. Rainier

A couple of the folks enjoying Packwood

Leslie ready to take pictures of me taking pictures of her. :)

Attachments

Reactions: TrapDog

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well poo, I can't get the video to load. :frown2:

Reactions: UNCLEJOHN

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
DAM THE BAD LUCK !! :grin2: STUFF IS GREAT …. WHEN YA CAN GET IT TO WORK > WENT TO ST HELENS YEARS AGO AND WENT UP THRU THERE ON WAY TO YAKIMA ( SELAH) WAS SNOWING ON SUMMIT .

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, we're mounting a new video camera for this season, so somehow we'll get it. I love riding those areas. Since I was born and raised in Selah, riding up through Naches and over White and Chinook Passes was what we did.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the tunnel by the dam at Rimrock Lake. Some of the roadway, the ski lodge at the summit, and me astride Black Beauty.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
It’s also definitely worth the ride up to Paradise national park. I went there years ago leading 11 other bikes. When we got to the ranger station the young kid at the pay window asked what I needed. I sang at the top of my lungs. I NEED 12 TICKETS TO PARADISE WONT YOU PACK YOUR SADDLE BAGS AND LEAVE TONIGHT. the young kid didn’t know what to think. Lol
The road to Paradise is amazing.

·
Registered
8,060 Posts
Many yrs ago I also stopped at the summit of White Pass and your 1st picture sure looks familiar. That is a great ride and I'll be doing it again this summer.
Bobby, hint hint.

Reactions: empowered01

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s also definitely worth the ride up to Paradise national park. I went there years ago leading 11 other bikes. When we got to the ranger station the young kid at the pay window asked what I needed. I sang at the top of my lungs. I NEED 12 TICKETS TO PARADISE WONT YOU PACK YOUR SADDLE BAGS AND LEAVE TONIGHT. the young kid didn’t know what to think. Lol
The road to Paradise is amazing.

The road up to Paradise is awesome. Many years ago, when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis and the kids were little, we used to drive up there for picnics on the weekend. KFC along the road and feeding the Grey Jays was a hoot. Kennewick huh. Many, many, many years ago we lived in Pasco. Loved going to watch the Columbia Cup Hydroplane races. We should be out your way later this Summer, visiting family. If we get the chance, I look forward to saying hi.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Absolutely shoot me a PM when you are coming this way. Any excuse for a ride!

Reactions: MountainRider

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have ridden NF25 on the backside of Mt. St. Helens but not White Pass...what is the route you would recommend?

Oops. Correction I have ridden Hwy 12 from I5 to Yakima. Any other routes in the area you would recommend?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have ridden NF25 on the backside of Mt. St. Helens but not White Pass...what is the route you would recommend?

Oops. Correction I have ridden Hwy 12 from I5 to Yakima. Any other routes in the area you would recommend?

How much riding do you want to do? The loop around the Olympic Peninsula is awesome if you've got a day or so. Chinook Pass is a beautiful ride for mid to late Summer. Hiway 14 along the Columbia River is beautiful, stops at Stonehenge and the Maryhill Museum is a great way to spend the day. A ride up to Grand Coulee in the Summer along Banks Lake is very nice. They do a laser light show on the spillway after dark. Hiway 2 to Leavenworth is awesome, and the town is a gem. Washington has so many routes, loops, and side roads, you could spend an entire Summer riding and never see it all. Good luck, maybe we'll see you out there.

Reactions: empowered01

·
Registered
529 Posts
How much riding do you want to do? The loop around the Olympic Peninsula is awesome if you've got a day or so. Chinook Pass is a beautiful ride for mid to late Summer. Hiway 14 along the Columbia River is beautiful, stops at Stonehenge and the Maryhill Museum is a great way to spend the day. A ride up to Grand Coulee in the Summer along Banks Lake is very nice. They do a laser light show on the spillway after dark. Hiway 2 to Leavenworth is awesome, and the town is a gem. Washington has so many routes, loops, and side roads, you could spend an entire Summer riding and never see it all. Good luck, maybe we'll see you out there.
My error. I should have clarified that I meant other rides in the area of White Pass.

I have ridden pretty much every other area in the state.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My error. I should have clarified that I meant other rides in the area of White Pass.

I have ridden pretty much every other area in the state.

Yep, all your fault! You ask that question around an old chatter box. Have I mentioned I like the sound of my own voice? :wink2:

All good. About the only one I can think of, and I haven't ridden there in forever, are the roads around Ohanapecosh, 123 I believe. Not terribly long, but beautiful area.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yep, all your fault! You ask that question around an old chatter box. Have I mentioned I like the sound of my own voice? :wink2:

All good. About the only one I can think of, and I haven't ridden there in forever, are the roads around Ohanapecosh, 123 I believe. Not terribly long, but beautiful area.
LOL...thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts