GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I got the name right. I've read where some put this in with their coolant when changing it out. Should I add some even if using the Honda Coolant mix?

·
Vendor
22,070 Posts
I do. It doesn't make a huge difference, but it does add the coolant and will make a very slight reduction in operating temps, and this bike needs all the help it can get.

However, it does go bad just like coolant and only works for about a year before it looses it's effectiveness. I change my coolant every year, so it's not a big deal for me.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Fred. I'm also going to work up a shield like you did to protect the reserve tank.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've used it in my street rod

I've used Water Wetter in my street rod some years ago. Could not tell a bit of difference.

I think a coolant change on regular basis say every two years. And a good flush is better.

40ford
:drive1:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Put it on the shelf beside the deer whistles!
For any minute amount of good it could possibly do unless it's free it's too expensive. :money1:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
rottendog said:
Put it on the shelf beside the deer whistles!
For any minute amount of good it could possibly do unless it's free it's too expensive. :money1:
Better yet, leave it on the shelf at the store.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I use snake oil with a bit of Marvel Mystery Oil in my cooling system.

But it only works if I put nitrogen in the tires and change the crush washer every 500 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts