GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Craving watermelon today and the Wing is my only transportation this week (truck is in the shop). Decided that a medium size watermelon would fit in the trunk, so off I go to the grocery store. To make a long story short, I ended up buying one medium watermelon, a honey dew melon, two cantelopes and 2lbs of plums. Everything fit with room to spare. Is there nothing this motorcycle won't do?

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
I'll bet the next thing you're going to tell us is that when you got home and opened the trunk you had a bowl of fruit cocktail in there. Yes, the Wing can do anything. :lol: :wrong:

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Wing Has Room

No doubt about it, a Wing has lots of room. I regularly stop at the local farm market and pick up watermelons, cantelope, peaches, plums and other fresh fruit. Then.....I stop at the local grocery and pick up several bottles of wine!!! My wife loves to take pictures of all the things we can fit into our Wing and shares them on FaceBook. Enjoy!!!! :p

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Craving watermelon today and the Wing is my only transportation this week (truck is in the shop). Decided that a medium size watermelon would fit in the trunk, so off I go to the grocery store. To make a long story short, I ended up buying one medium watermelon, a honey dew melon, two cantelopes and 2lbs of plums. Everything fit with room to spare. Is there nothing this motorcycle won't do?
Get a trailer and you can do all kinds of shopping.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You can put a lot of stuff in the trunk and side bags, but for series shopping we always take the trailer with us.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I bet with he right bungees, that would sit pretty in the back seat! But put a helmet on that melon!
I haul 50lb bag of dog food the same way:thumbup:

·
Registered
999 Posts
A case of 24-12 ounces cans of beer fits nicely in the side compartment.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Last month while at ROT some of us rode over to Luling for BBQ, Luling is the Texas watermelon capital as well as the in the heart of great Texas BBQ. Long story short one of the melon stands had Black Diamond watermelons, I had to have one, tried one of the smaller ones in the trunk, it fit. Just as I was throwing a leg over a woman came up said "I've never seen a motorcycle that would hold a watermelon, I just had to say something". I thanked her and said there was a first for everything. Damn good watermelon, I hadn't had a Black Diamond in years.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'll bet the next thing you're going to tell us is that when you got home and opened the trunk you had a bowl of fruit cocktail in there. Yes, the Wing can do anything. :lol: :wrong:

:bow: Bravo! Fruit cocktail. Har dee har har!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Back when I had my 75 wing with vetter bags and trunk we were all ready for a camping trip. Had the travel trailer all hooked up and all packed when we realized we still needed all the food for the long weekend. Not wanting to drive the van and trailer to the grocery store all I had was the bike. So my daughter and I went over on the bike. We came out with over half a cart of groceries (had to feed 10 people for 3 days). Managed to fit it all on the bike. When putting the cart back after loading the bike saw a person in a car had been watching us. All they had to say was I was wondering if it would all fit.

I swear sometimes when we are on the bike the Wife tries to fill up the bike BUT each time I manage to fit it somewhere.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Na, That would happen on a Harley. My Harleys would turn my bottle of rolaids into powder in one riding season.:frown:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Once when we were preparing for a party I went to town and got a 30 pack of beer in the left saddlebag ... a 24 pack of pop in the right saddlebag ... and three 5 liter boxes of wine in the top case ...

I think the Goldwing will haul more booze then fuel ...:joke:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Once when we were preparing for a party I went to town and got a 30 pack of beer in the left saddlebag ... a 24 pack of pop in the right saddlebag ... and three 5 liter boxes of wine in the top case ...

I think the Goldwing will haul more booze then fuel ...:joke:
I have heard it said the only reasons saddlebags were ever created was to have a place to keep your beer.:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts