GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Not cheap, but the best rain covers on the market! Have used them for years and they are Alaska tested!:thumbup:

Aerostich Tripple Digits

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
afterthought

Didn't a company sell a product called choko. It was distributed by a company I think was called Wing "something".

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
Try looking at these over gloves.
www.rain-off.com
I did substantial research on the subject and ended up with this product.
It works as designed and are 100% waterproof.

·
Registered
250 Posts
1) Go to Sam's Club and buy heavy work gloves (the ones with wrist cuffs) one extra size larger than your hand.
2) Go to any camping store and buy bees wax.
3) Apply 2 to 1
4) Comfortable, waterproof, durable riding gloves that will last for several years.

Of course, I also insert a good ol' baseball cap (without back snap) backward in my helmet for a helmet liner, ride in heavy denim overalls and high-top tennis shoes, and if it rains I sometimes wear a cheap two-piece rainsuit from Walmart (usually I don't bother-- hell, ya dry out in a few minutes anyway). Got no use for fancy leather and chrome, or ritzy expensive 'name' clothing-- I'm guess I'm just a good ol' bubba-boy rider, but I'm comfortable and still got money in my wallet!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Who sells an inexpensive plastic rain over glove?
You can go with expensive motorcycle-specific over gloves, or go to pretty much any hardware or farm store (like Tractor Supply) and buy plain old heavy duty rubber gloves. My experience is they work just the same.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I know the plastic rain covers that came with my $19.95 gauntlets ain't worth a flip!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
You wanted cheap, how's $1.99? And, they're hi-viz yellow.

That's exactly what I use. And they pack really small, unlike some of the other options.

Just buy them big enough to fit over your regular riding gloves, it's easier to work the controls that way (as opposed to wearing them alone).

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I like the Tourmaster Wet Mesh or is it Dry Mesh? They breath but will keep your hands dry. About 30 bucks.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
You wanted cheap, how's $1.99? And, they're hi-viz yellow.

Bingo.

Over a light cotton glove ($1 a pair at Home Depot) with heated grips and your hands stay warm and dry. Great tactile feel and have lasted for 3 years now.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
In winter I wear Cabela's Gore-Tex shooting gloves. They have Thinsulate insulation.

In summer I wear golfing rain gloves. They are mesh and have tacky palms and fingers. If it rains just put the Playtex overgloves on.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
17,095 Posts
I am neither sugar, nor salt. In even heavy rain, I don't get wet unless some idiot in front of me slows down way too much. I guess my hands have have gotten wet while riding, but I don't recall such specifically. Mind over matter, if you don't mind, it don't matter. Mechanics' gloves do dry very quickly if they get wet, I suppose. If I were going to wear a water proof glove, I probably would select the ones made for brick masons who use muriatic acid to clean excess motor from their work; similar to the ones made for dishwashing, just tougher.

prs

·
Registered
758 Posts
I was just up at Americade in the Adirondacks. Go figure but it rained for two days while riding up there and it was 56 degrees!

These are not covers but gloves.

I was walking along the vendors and found these http://www.manzella.com/index.php/products/detail/mz-282 and they are the "bomb" for rain gloves.

I usually don't wear rain gloves but it was so cold and wet, I had to get something for my hands, they were sore and cold from the rain and I was wearing ICON leather gloves that were just drenched.

These are hands down, the best gloves I have ever worn in the rain, they are water proof, warm and very comfortable. Thinsulate lined with a neoprene cover and the padding reduced some of the vibration and I couldn't even feel the rain hitting my hands anymore.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Stop at a truck stop and buy some rubber gloves fro around 5 bucks.
The key is to keep your hands dry. I did a 5,500 mile trip last month with at least 500 miles of rain and my truck stop gloves worked great.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts