GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but I did have this in the back of my mind. The Kumho squeeked a couple times then slid right in...aired up and all. No fuss no muss. Bike was on a jack and rear panel was off.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I'm feeling it brother! Post-hole digger method, right?:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Oh No !!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I've never used liquid anything nor let the air pressure down to install my Pirelli. With the layover method, I find that you can just push it right in with a knee. And then you can go test it that much quicker without washing the soap off or airing up the tire.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've never used liquid anything nor let the air pressure down to install my Pirelli. With the layover method, I find that you can just push it right in with a knee. And then you can go test it that much quicker without washing the soap off or airing up the tire.
Mine pops in too...although Friday, I used a plastic grocery bag...

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
It would appear that the protrusion on the left of the wheel well is not the same for all wings. I even had trouble mounting a Cobra Avon 180/60 16 tire in mine. Getting it past the left side protrusion took a bit of effort.

If I got real aggressive I could probably karate kick the tire in with the bike on it's side but it wouldn't feel to good. :oops: Wax paper made it oh so easy.

but I did have this in the back of my mind. The Kumho squeeked a couple times then slid right in...aired up and all. No fuss no muss. Bike was on a jack and rear panel was off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts