GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put on several car tires and always had trouble getting the tire past that offset in the fender. A piece of waxed paper between it and the tire made it slide right in. :thumbup::cool::cool:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I may try this instead of my post-hole digger method next time!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Don't you people know that the GWRRA, had deemed a car tire unsafe for Goldwine use?:shrug::shrug::shrug:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I may try this instead of my post-hole digger method next time!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
This post hole digger method thingy ?? Is also used when you you where born maybe ?? Because that would explain your odd shaped head and your thought process :lol: have a great day Rocket :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Holy poop, batman!

Isn't it great being old enough to remember when waxed paper was all there was? No Saran Wrap, Handi-Wrap, Baggies, Glad Bags, Zip-Lock....

How did we survive? Oh, wait. I remember now: after lunch we folded the waxed paper, put it back in the brown bag, took it home and used it again the next day.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Holy poop, batman!

Isn't it great being old enough to remember when waxed paper was all there was? No Saran Wrap, Handi-Wrap, Baggies, Glad Bags, Zip-Lock....

How did we survive? Oh, wait. I remember now: after lunch we folded the waxed paper, put it back in the brown bag, took it home and used it again the next day.
.... and I thought my mother, then my wife, were the only ones that did that. I could sometimes get a week out of a lunch bag. The waxed paper usually didn't last that long though. As our life got better (making a few bucks) that type of recycling went by the wayside. It may be time to start that up again; then I could re-purpose some of the waxed paper for installing CTs on my Wing.... or yours! LOL

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
That is a bridge to far dude. :shock:

First all this nonsense about putting CTs on motorcycles and now using an item clearly not mentioned in the service manual to perform service on your motorcycle? :eek:4:

You are surely doomed. :joke::joke::joke:

Based on my last tire change and using just such a piece of contraband, I now keep a piece of wax paper in my tool kit just in case I need to change my tire on the road or I need to keep some leftovers fresh. :lol:

I have put on several car tires and always had trouble getting the tire past that offset in the fender. A piece of waxed paper between it and the tire made it slide right in. :thumbup::cool::cool:

·
Registered
581 Posts
That's some good advice!! After wiggling, jiggling and shaking my CT to try to get it all the way in, I finally sat right behind the tire and with a flat foot gave it a pop! Bingo, slipped right in. You method is kinder and gentler. From here on it's wax paper for me!!:bow:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy poop, batman!

I took many sandwiches to school wrapped in Cut-rite waxed paper.
Pretty handy in a woodworking shop also. :cool::cool:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks for the tip used it today to put my Sunny on the Wing.

·
Registered
869 Posts
...Not really...

I use wax paper to keep my crush washer clean.

I wrap a little around the washer before every oil change as I install the drain plug.

It helps the seal on the drain bolt too....:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I used the wax paper method to remove an old CT and replace with a new CT today.

Very, very easy. Amazingly easy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts