GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We arrived safely home last night after 3396 trouble free miles, through 15 States, in 13 days.

Me, Lana, and the two other couples we have been taking our motorcycle vacations with for the past seven years, visited all the Northeastern States we had never riden the Motorcycles in.

Very little rain, but some very hot days, some record highs were recorded in the NE while we were there.

Stopped and toured Monticello, Thos. Jeffersons home in Va.

We rode through the Adirondacks in N.Y. which we found a little disappointing. I though the mountains there were larger.

Vermont was beautiful, but they "Really need to fix their roads" they were the worse we encountered throughout the trip. However, eating Ice Cream at Ben & Jerrys Factory tour made up for part of it. In the Capitol City of Mt. Pellier we actually saw a phone booth with an intact pay phone and a phone book. Must not be much crime there.

The ride through New Hampshire was great. The scenery on Hwy 212 through the White Mountain Natl. Forrest was awsome. Saw a Moose along the road, and got a couple of photos.

Toured Fort Ticonderoga in Ny.

Visited the Penobscot Bridge & Tower, Bar Harbour, and Acadia Natl. Park. And ate some great lobster while in Maine. Visited an old Marine Corps buddy in Wells.

Rode through Falls River, Mass. and saw Lizzie Bordens house, Battleship Row, and then to Newport, RI. to see the Mansions

Saw 102 degrees at one point on the Bikes Temp Display riding through Conn.

Went to The Statue Of Liberty. It is much larger in person than I imagined, from seeing it on TV.

Visited another Marine buddy outside Philadelphia and rode up to Amish Country in Lancaster, Pa.

Everybody in, and around, D.C. drives like they have lost their mind..but we made it safely through there to see Mt. Vernon, Geo. Washingtons home.

Once we sort through the thousands of photos Lana took, we will post some of the hi-light shots of the trip

What a great country we live in.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Sounds like you had a nice trip, welcome home.

My wife and I took a similar trip to that back in 03 and one day we will go back up there. It seemed to me that everything was so densely packed in that part of the country, I mean the cities and the population ...

It's hard to see everything when you pack so many things in such a short time frame. We ended up driving through 4 days of rain and just got used to being wet. I hate the heat though so maybe the rain was a blessing.

Bryan

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe you could make a full time career out of touring this country, and never see everything.

I hope we all stay healthy enough to see the remaining states we have not been to.

BTW...once you get above the Mason Dixon Line, those poor people Up Nawth don't know what Sweet Ice Tea and grits are.

In some places you can't find Coca Cola, only Pepsi.

And a restaurant in Bar Harbor, Maine had no Bud Light.

What a culture shock...:22yikes:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Glad you had a good trip.........Are you all still talking to each other?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Leaving Friday for some of that same itinerary. Hoping for cooler temps.

Glad you had a safe, fun ride!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Outstanding, Harry-
I was also in the NE earlier this summer. Agree about Vermont's roads!! Odd that they seemed so much worse than NY's and NH's. Thought New Hampshire was great--but also enjoyed the Adirondacks.
Welcome home!

·
Registered
513 Posts
We are heading west this September, taking I80 to northern California. I hope the weather treats up well. We rode this afternoon with our new LD Comfort under shorts in the heat and I think these shorts are going to take some getting used to. They are scrunching my butt!

Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts