GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual I was so happy to get my mail today. Six checks today! You guys are being so generous and Dan and Melissa are really going to appreciate it. While most of us will go to sleep tonite not having to worry about our next mortgage, unfortunately Dan will not have that piece of mind. We are VERY close to making his first month. Lets keep it coming guys, there are alot of people on this board. Every dollar will add up.

I am sorry if I am being a little pushy, but when I put my mind on something I WILL make it work. I am getting some contributions from some of my customers as well. They know the passion I have for this community of ours and is seeing how this is affecting me. They simply want to help. Lets keep them coming please.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Keep up the good work Toyo. I am sure Dan is certainly too proud to ask for help but appreciates eveything you are doing.

Your a good man Charlie Brown.

:wink:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not set up with paypal. However there was a discussion about this yesterday. If you, or other people think this will help I will st up an account. Maybe people will pipe up and give us some input.

How does Paypal work? I set up an account, then people can "deposit" into it? How do I turn that money into hard cash for them?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Yes, it is simple! You hook your PayPal to your checking acct. Then you could move money around (takes a couple of days sometimes).
And I am quite sure, that more people will donate that way, because it is quick and convenient.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I beleive PayPal will allow you to move funds electronically once everything is set up. Only takes a couple of days to get everything set up, if I remember correctly. http://www.paypal.com
I believe you do need a good email address (hotmail, yahoo mail etc not accepted). A personal account allows transfers from bank accounts, Premier/Merchant account allows credit cards to be accepted (2.9% fee, lower as amount handeled increases).

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
zaT111 said:
I beleive PayPal will allow you to move funds electronically once everything is set up. Only takes a couple of days to get everything set up, if I remember correctly. http://www.paypal.com
I believe you do need a good email address (hotmail, yahoo mail etc not accepted). A personal account allows transfers from bank accounts, Premier/Merchant account allows credit cards to be accepted (2.9% fee, lower as amount handeled increases).
..Hello yahoo is now accepted thats what i use...chuck

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Paypal is a GREAT Idea!

You can set one up in your own name and transfer the funds to your banking account. The service is FREE if you don't mind waiting 3 -4 business days.

Stay away from the business/premere account. To costly!

I use it all the time.

Paypal does accept Yahoo email. I know.

Thanks Toyo...you are a good man and friend!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Toyo, Paypal is way easy for us that want to do it immediately. I think it would help here then post when you are up and ready.
I sent mine before you mentioned paypal or else that would have been what I use.
Like someone said or eluded to I don't even use my check book, or hardly at all. Joy

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Toyo,

I've had a PayPal account for about 3 years now. If you don't have one I suggest that "You Catch Up To The 21st Century".

You can accept (and make) payments "all over the planet"....INSTANTLY.

It's instant, safe & secure.

(Just don't fall for any of the scams...which are easy to identify).

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Isn't there a fee to recipient of the paypal payment?

I know a board member paid me about $250 last year through Paypal and a $7 fee was deducted from the total.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have a business paypal account that we can use for this if you guys would like. I don't know the person here but I would be glad to do what I can to help a fellow rider in trouble.

With the business paypal account it will allow people to pay via credit card too if they like and they would just need to make a comment on the payment what it is for. I can then send them a check or money order overnight whenever the group wants to send it off.

Paypal does, of course, charge a fee but it's fast and easy.....doesn't cost the person paying anything but Paypal deducts the fee automatically on my end.....I'll send the rest either by my company check or a money order. I would also be happy to provide full transaction details to anyone who wants to see them.

If interested I can post the full details for everyone.

Let me know,
www.ridersedgepowersports.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts