GL1800Riders Forums banner

301 - 320 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I use an iPad and usually view this forum in safari. Everything has always worked fine until this morning. When I open the forum in safari this morning it is in the old forum format and nothing looks like it is updated since 1/16/20. I use the same iPad using Google instead of Safari and it works fine in the new forum format. What is happening? This is a first for me.

By the way, I really like the new format.👍

·
Administrator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
I use an iPad and usually view this forum in safari. Everything has always worked fine until this morning. When I open the forum in safari this morning it is in the old forum format and nothing looks like it is updated since 1/16/20. I use the same iPad using Google instead of Safari and it works fine in the new forum format. What is happening? This is a first for me.

You may need to clear your cache so that you are seeing the new site.

Can I get a screenshot of what you are seeing?

- Cricket

·
Registered
475 Posts

exact same thing is happening on my iPad this morning. On Android tablet I got the Ooopps display but can access the forum.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,427 Posts
Just talked with a guy in Arizona. He can’t get on with his iPhone or iPad?

·
Administrator
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
My iPad is also getting old data using a browser. TapaTalk is getting current data.
Same here. TapaTalk works fine as well as Goggle & Chrome on the same iPad or iPhone. It just seems to be a problem with Safari.
I will report this issue to the team.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It appears to be fixed now, I was having same issues, just got back on and it is back to the new forum .

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Two things. One, was the board down for a while this morning? I noticed I could not connect for a while on either my iPad or my computer. I'm sorry I did not record the time.

Second, is it possible to change the color of links like this oneText that goes with the link . The existing color scheme does not make the link obvious to me.

Sorry, here is number 3. The board has seemed slower again today.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Just my two cents. I am using a MacBook Air (Catalina 10.15.2) and Safari (13.0.4).

My first log on to the site today was somewhere between 0930 and 1000 EST. I had no issues logging on to the site.

There were times when it took several seconds to change from one display to another (select "New" or select a "post"). I have not timed it but it may take a few seconds one time and then almost instantaneously the next. This same timing for loading has happened as I use the site during the day (today is my reference).

My internet service provider is "Carolina Connect" and my normal speed is in the >75 Mbps rate for upload and down load.

I have not cleared the cache on my browser in a week or so. I usually do it when things start slowing down. I have not rebooted my machine in several days.

I use an Antivirus program which includes an add blocker. That program is Bitdefender.

I do not see adds on the side bar (well unless you count the two boxes that are always there, Popular Communities, BBB and GDPR but they don't get in then way).

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I've read to page 9 but I'm losing the will to live so apologies if this has gone down already...Is it possible to get back our previous motorcycle specific emojis/smileys?

·
Registered
562 Posts
the old familiar smileys/emoticons are gone it would appear.
I have asked for them to be put back on GoldwingFacts but IT is ignoring us now that forum is "up and running".....

it seems that once things get smoothed out, Vertical Scope disappears, never to be seen again.

the issue on "seeing the old forum" can be cured by right clicking over the "NEW" button, copy the link, and then use that for your Bookmark to this forum.
that is how I had to do it to fix my PCs and Smartphone....
once I did that, no more problems, always goes to the "new Xenforo" format.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Just for the record, I could not access the forum for about 60 minutes (maybe starting at 1528) this evening. I did just upgrade my Mac OS to version 10.15.3 and when it finished and I tired to access the forumI got an error message (well two different ones).

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 5.25.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 6.03.36 PM.png

301 - 320 of 365 Posts