GL1800Riders Forums banner

321 - 340 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
I noticed that also, and sent in a "Server Down" email to them for this forum.

Put this in your notebooks:

Site Down Forum Down

__

SiteDown – …

Please do not reply to this email as only the support page is monitored.
_

this was the "old method" before Xenforo, but it works fast!!! still yet today, that is what I did the first time today, and then used the above link..........

If the forum server goes now, send an email to [email protected]

it sends a Flag that immediate attention is needed on one of their servers.

·
Love The DCT
11,324 Posts
Board was very slow after it came back up. Since then, is has sped up considerably at approximately 0315 UTC.

·
Registered
562 Posts
the upgrades caused it to have to run the Sort Routines so that the searches will be fast.
once that is done, it gets back up to speed.

I too noticed it was slow intially when it came back up.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I see the tiny dot in the notification (or whatever it's called now) icon is now red instead of yellow. I can almost see it better.
Kind of slow and erratic as I drift around the site.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I noticed that also, and sent in a "Server Down" email to them for this forum.

Put this in your notebooks:

Site Down Forum Down

__

SiteDown – …

Please do not reply to this email as only the support page is monitored.
_

this was the "old method" before Xenforo, but it works fast!!! still yet today, that is what I did the first time today, and then used the above link..........

If the forum server goes now, send an email to [email protected]

it sends a Flag that immediate attention is needed on one of their servers.
I'm concerned. It is common practice to monitor web servers with automated tools. VS tech staff should know the forum is down by the time the first user notices the problem. They should not be dependent on users to tell them the site is down. I'm also surprised. There seem to be significantly more outages since the upgrade to the new software.

·
Registered
562 Posts
some of those upgrades are intentional.
today, actually about 12 hours ago, on the two Xenforo forums that I use, both had a post to members about "upgrades".

So, I fully suspect, today's outage was downtime to apply the upgrade.

back when they first started this, they would give a reply back "Server Down for Maintenance".

that did not happen today, was it an upgrade, or something else?
Odd that it happened to both forums simultaneously...
makes me think that something happened to the Cloud Server instead our forums.

I asked the IT team who is hosting our forums, and got the following reply:

------------------------------
Our forum is now hosted on Cloudflare - The Web Performance & Security Company | Cloudflare
What Is Cloudflare: A Quick Explanation

·
Registered
562 Posts
If we look at the upgrades reports, they are at about 35ish or so?

that means they have had the forums down for a few minutes to an hour, quite a bit since Xenforo went up.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
If we look at the upgrades reports, they are at about 35ish or so?

that means they have had the forums down for a few minutes to an hour, quite a bit since Xenforo went up.
We have only experienced a few of those updates. Most of them occurred before this board weent to Xenforo so I assume were in the initial install.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I have to ask...what good is going ‘dark mode’ if all the dumb adds on the side are bright white AND MOVING !!! Some of the stupid things won’t let you close them either. I HATE MOVING ADDS. Rant over. :mad:

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have to ask...what good is going ‘dark mode’ if all the dumb adds on the side are bright white AND MOVING !!! Some of the stupid things won’t let you close them either. I HATE MOVING ADDS. Rant over. :mad:
install the Addon " uBlock Origin " and they will disappear.
I never see an advertisement, on this forum, or anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Hey Board Owners!!! I do not want push notifications, nor do I like the popup at the top of the screen that interferes with what I am trying to read here! And I especially don't like the fact that when I click on the "Not Now" words the pop-up box doesn't go away. Is it just me that feels like this new format is designed to pi** off old users?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I started using AdGuard on my iPad. Works great, I don’t see any ads on the forum now.
Hmmmm,
you made me wonder what I am using on my Android cellphone.

it is AdBlock which has its' own VPN on their server which is where the "ad blocking" actually occurs. I was a bit surprised that with that Addon installed, that the "time to load" external links to say, a newspaper article, was reduced a very noticeable amount. I use Firefox on my cellphone.

Firefox has adblocker Addons in their browser, but that makes the cellphone slower, so I took it off.

AdBlock was the only ad-blocker out of many that I tested for Android that actually worked. Most were personal info grabbers that did not actually block a darn thing. i hate apps that steal private info and feed it back to vendors to sell you crap.

• AdBlock only blocks ads inside web browser, compatible with most browsers
• As it only intercepts DNS traffic it is a fairly lightweight solution and does not seem to have any measurable effect on the battery life.
• AdBlock cannot block 100% unwanted content.

321 - 340 of 365 Posts