GL1800Riders Forums banner

341 - 360 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Using Safari or another browser?
I use Safari. But I have also tried the forum with Google and Chrome. All seem to work the same.

Correction - I just tried it again in Google & Chrome. With Google & Chrome I do see some ads on the column on the right side but nothing in between forum comments on the left side. In Safari I see no ads anywhere.

·
Registered
466 Posts
On the iPad I use Safari. I'm not clever or savvy enough to try other operating systems.
I've tried to install a couple recommended ad blocker programs/apps (whatever) from the App Store and they all stopped install saying not compatible with the device. These were free versions and since I want to see if they really work (and w/o being a working issue) don't want to "buy" a premium version of something that I won't use.
Not sure why it has to be so complicated.

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Administrator
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
the old familiar smileys/emoticons are gone it would appear.
I have asked for them to be put back on GoldwingFacts but IT is ignoring us now that forum is "up and running".....

it seems that once things get smoothed out, Vertical Scope disappears, never to be seen again.

the issue on "seeing the old forum" can be cured by right clicking over the "NEW" button, copy the link, and then use that for your Bookmark to this forum.
that is how I had to do it to fix my PCs and Smartphone....
once I did that, no more problems, always goes to the "new Xenforo" format.
We are not gone, just a lot of us got sick, so apologies for the slow reaction time.

I noticed that also, and sent in a "Server Down" email to them for this forum.

Put this in your notebooks:

Site Down Forum Down

__

SiteDown – …

Please do not reply to this email as only the support page is monitored.
_

this was the "old method" before Xenforo, but it works fast!!! still yet today, that is what I did the first time today, and then used the above link..........

If the forum server goes now, send an email to [email protected]

it sends a Flag that immediate attention is needed on one of their servers.
Since the servers are more in house now, we are usually aware of when they go down.A We've been working all week to get them fixed, and as of today's maintenance we've rolled out a large chunk of the resolution for performance. Hope y'all are noticing a difference. We're still working on it more and more.

Hey Board Owners!!! I do not want push notifications, nor do I like the popup at the top of the screen that interferes with what I am trying to read here! And I especially don't like the fact that when I click on the "Not Now" words the pop-up box doesn't go away. Is it just me that feels like this new format is designed to pi** off old users?
Thi's be based on your session cookies, which we use these cookies to ensure the settings you prefer are saved. You should only see this once, but if you are still seeing it multiple times it could be for a myriad of reasons. If you are blocking cookies on the site, preventing them from being saved, or if you click away from the message are some of the ways you may encounter this issue. The pop up will then go away until you log in from a new device, or if you log in on an incognito browser. If it is popping up on every page load, you may have a corrupted cookie in your session, in which case you should clear cookies and you should see this pop-up once more and then not again.

That being said cookies do also naturally expire over a time so you will see it down the road too, but it shouldn't be an every instance issue. If I haven't touched on any reason why you specifically are still seeing the pop-up, please let me know and I can dig further.
Let me know what device and browser you are using so I can best record this issue and work to fix it if there is something I can affect.
-Gerrit

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
The new forum SUCKS, I'M OUTTA HERE!

·
Registered
7,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Can we please get the issue with read vs unread threads improved as stated several times in this thread....it needs to be much more obvious?
Having them just BOLD does not cut it with aging eyes. How about a different color?

Below is an example.....which thread out of the list did I not read (there is only one)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
And puhLEEZ stop putting that survey popup on every new page.
Ditto this! I don't know why they even have the survey. They have multiple requests and suggestions throughout this thread for the colors, bold vs. unbold when read not being distinguishable, and other posts and they haven't done anything about them. Like posted earlier - once a forum is considered "up and running" the support becomes non-existent. The New posts option is back to showing multiple pages again after it seemed to work for a few days. I find I am spending less and less time on this forum. As much as I don't really enjoy FaceBook, I have joined 4 Gold Wing groups there.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I find I am spending less and less time on this forum. As much as I don't really enjoy FaceBook, I have joined 4 Gold Wing groups there.
Same here - I have joined multiple Goldwing groups on Facebook.

·
Administrator
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Can we please get the issue with read vs unread threads improved as stated several times in this thread....it needs to be much more obvious?
Having them just BOLD does not cut it with aging eyes. How about a different color?

Below is an example.....which thread out of the list did I not read (there is only one)?

Thanks!

View attachment 365273
This is being developed, but have you seen if the difference if more obvious in light mode for you?

And puhLEEZ stop putting that survey popup on every new page.
Clicking the "X" should dismiss it permanently if you no longer wish to see that prompt.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
This is being developed, but have you seen if the difference if more obvious in light mode for you?

-Gerrit
Yes it is more visible in Light mode.....but using Light mode on a 27" Retina monitor is blinding to your eyes.....unusable.
Appreciate what you can do for Dark mode.
thanks....

·
Registered
778 Posts
Clicking the "X" should dismiss it permanently if you no longer wish to see that prompt.

-Gerrit
I agree that it should, but clicking the "X" dozens of times did not banish the blasted thing - only taking the survey, perhaps more than once, did that.

·
Registered
562 Posts
it is impossible for me to use that Glaring Bright Sunlight 'light mode', totally a disaster.
I have had new cataract lenses installed, and the world is glaringly bright.
I have to wear Sunglasses outside always....

·
Administrator
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Yes it is more visible in Light mode.....but using Light mode on a 27" Retina monitor is blinding to your eyes.....unusable.
Appreciate what you can do for Dark mode.
thanks....
In the mean time depending on the browser you are using. There are browser extensions you can use to further control the color and contrast of any page. Chrome has a number of accessibility extensions that will help control this.
-Philip

·
Registered
466 Posts
Been a while since I've been on the ST owner's forum but had to look up something for a FB group that I still follow. So, after finding the article I scroll down to the bottom and lookey there, that's also a VS owned site running Xenforno (or whatever). So now I have to ask, why no ads over there on the side bars and in between posts?? I wasn't even logged in and didn't have to squint to read posts squeezed into 2/3 of the page and dodge around checking what was a post and what wasn't. What determines what VS sites get the format we have here and others are spared, even running the "same" version??

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
In the mean time depending on the browser you are using. There are browser extensions you can use to further control the color and contrast of any page. Chrome has a number of accessibility extensions that will help control this.
-Philip
Appreciate the feedback, but if I need to start installing browser extensions and jacking around with color settings just to participate in a forum........then I'm done and out of here.
Not sure how this is progress?

341 - 360 of 364 Posts