GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
How To Switch Between Dark Mode & Light Mode
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click the 3 vertical dots to open the drop-down menu and then click on “dark mode” or “light mode”.

I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback

That being said, this site is supported by ads. As you already know, that’s how we keep the lights on around here. As it turns out, servers, bandwidth, security, and maintenance aren’t free. ;)

We are working with our development teams to also introduce a new premium membership for purchase that will allow members to view the site ad-free.

- Cricket
Ads on the sides are enough. Ads between thread posts are too much and I make a special effort to never visit or support these inserted advertisements.
"Premium membership" for purchase? No thanks. Never.

·
Administrator
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How To Find Account Settings & Preferences

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “account settings”.

Once you have clicked on “account settings” a new page will open. You can browse through the left side column navigation for the specific settings you are looking for.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It may sound silly, but I always looked at where each member was from, town and state. Make me understand how Close or far away one was and would include this person in a ride or event. Anyway to at least add that? The dark mode is cool and I think it has some remnants of the ADVrider site but not as detailed.

·
Administrator
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
How do you send PM's?

How do you change font color and size?
How To Find Conversations (Private Messages)
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “conversations”.

At this time, the text editor only includes basic formatting, so font color and size is not an option.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It may sound silly, but I always looked at where each member was from, town and state. Make me understand how Close or far away one was and would include this person in a ride or event. Anyway to at least add that? The dark mode is cool and I think it has some remnants of the ADVrider site but not as detailed.
That doesn't sound silly at all. Knowing the location of a member can also help with our responses.

Although more information is located on each member's profile, you can also just hover over their avatar with your cursor to the left of their post for a quick view.

- Cricket

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback

That being said, this site is supported by ads. As you already know, that’s how we keep the lights on around here. As it turns out, servers, bandwidth, security, and maintenance aren’t free. ;)

We are working with our development teams to also introduce a new premium membership for purchase that will allow members to view the site ad-free.

- Cricket
Before The change I saw the site with essentially no ads. Now between the ads on the side bars and the ads in the middle of threads, it is really frustrating. That is especially true because the ads in the threads look almost like posts. The other forums I use even without being a member are not nearly as obnoxious as this arrangement. The ads take up a huge amount of screen space. Even if I would buy something from one of the advertisers here, I will make sure and never click on their link. I do not mind ads, but they should be reasonable.

·
Administrator
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Setting Your Location

Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu. Make sure to save your updates, down at the bottom.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How To Create A Signature

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

- Cricket

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Is it possible to post a comment that is not a reply to a specific item in the thread?

It may just be me, but the site seems much slower today than normal.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
If you hover the pointer over the flag it will tell you. Not as nice as seeing it out in plain view.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Question.... Is there a way to close the Vendor section and keep the sub-board section open ALL the time?

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Is it possible to post a comment that is not a reply to a specific item in the thread?

There's an empty box and a "Post reply" button on bottom right of the page, above "Recommended reading."

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Before The change I saw the site with essentially no ads. Now between the ads on the side bars and the ads in the middle of threads, it is really frustrating. That is especially true because the ads in the threads look almost like posts. The other forums I use even without being a member are not nearly as obnoxious as this arrangement. The ads take up a huge amount of screen space. Even if I would buy something from one of the advertisers here, I will make sure and never click on their link. I do not mind ads, but they should be reasonable.
Download and install Brave privacy browser. It's all around better to help protect your privacy and ads are blocked. ;)

·
Administrator
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Yes, at the bottom of the page there is a text editor for those posts you are making that are not a reply to a specific post.

Question.... Is there a way to close the Vendor section and keep the sub-board section open ALL the time?
I can check on that.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I know its a small thing but would it be possible to get a "Grey" mode. Something between light and dark? Just some feedback.
We have passed on to the developers our wish for more color options. I like the idea of grey. :)

- Cricket

21 - 40 of 401 Posts