OK, I have to ask, what did you do? :shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
999 Posts
He did what they said couldn't be done.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
WOW, you guy's have been out in the heat to long.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Follow the yellow brick road.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wherever they went, there they were!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Is that Maine in the rear-view?

·
Registered
869 Posts
your here when you look in to the rear view mirror your back there

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hint

This group is funny. :p :cool: :shock: :cool: :doorag: :roll: :coffee1: :lol:
:shrug: :yes1:

Hint, "you can't get there from here."

:joke:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bert & I is the name given to numerous collections of humor stories set in the "Down East" culture of traditional Maine. These stories were made famous and mostly written by the humorist storytelling team of Marshall Dodge (1935-1982) and Bob Bryan in the 1950s and 1960s, and in later years through retellings by Allen Wicken.

A number of well-worn sayings and rehashed jokes have their roots in Bert & I stories. One common phrase, sometimes said in a New England accent, "You can't get there from here" (or, with accent, approaching "You cahn't get theyah from heeah") was the punchline to the story Which Way to Millinocket? (not to be confused with Which Way to East Vassalboro?, which had a different, anti-urbanite theme.)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
do I note a bit of sarcasm? Maybe you're referring to those posts of day rides some feel compelled to add with journal-like details; pridefully documenting such accomplishments.

Went up highway X, turned left, turned right, turned left, more left and right turns, lunch at so and so. Returned home on highway y, even more left/right turns, stopped at mile marker XXX to gaze at the view and take pictures. Remarks about a group of A-hole HD riders that may or may not have exhibited a less than desirable attitude. Got XX mpg. Any suggestions for a new seat?

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
It's a Great Day when you can do that! Mine has been parked all weekend as I have been Grilling and Enjoying a Liesure Time with my better half hanging out at the pool. It's been 100+ degrees for sometime down here in the South:eek:4:.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts