GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did it. We went to A&B Cycles and " DID IT ". 06 Black GoldWing.
( Like there’s another color). (A&B Cycles . Mobile Ala )
I've got to say this. Vince Gomez has to be one of the best salesman I’ve ever met for my side of the country and a GREAT price. This man has really went the extra mile for us. We drove up to His store on the chopper and He walked up. He was to happy to let me ride a brand new Gold. Then two weeks later we went back and He let us ride again. Then today we went back again and He let us take a Gold out for two hours and what a ride. People who ride Harleys should take one run on these bikes.
We took out on I65 and put it up to 80 mph in no time flat. Locked it in and I started playin with the navigation system. The ole girl will talk to you. Trippin. So I get it locked in . Then we turned up the tunes and acted like we were pimpin bigtime. We ran into a lot of bikers and I have to say it was a blast to blow by a Harley and wave. FELT SOOOOO GOOD. That bike is so quick and nimble for a touring bike. In fact it's like riding a sport bike. We turned on a 20 mile curvy road and WOW. That puppy will lay down and hug the road. The bike I was on really liked 80mph for some reason. I've got to say that bike was a blast.
WE stopped for a coke and a guy walks up and says "Nice Bike".
We really didn’t want to take it back. When we did we told Vince to get our bike out NOW. But it has to be taken out of package first.
Well it was an experience for me. This was the first time I really got it out and seen just what it would do. I used to race bikes and I felt a lot of the characteristics of my Yamaha. Amazing how they did that. If you really know how to ride , this bike will accommodate.
I think it's so cool how you blow by all the Harleys. That bike will fly. No wonder us cooler folks are going to the GOLD ! LOL

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
G-Funk,

Good on ya. Welcome to our World.

Now if ya play nice on the board, the folks might be able to, and want to help you out.

You can count me in, at least till you piss me off....LOL

Bulldog

·
Chard Member
12,962 Posts
I thought Southern Power Sports was installing chrome on your new Wing last week before you took delivery. Your stories are starting to run together.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They were, they had it in stock, but Vince gave me a better price. The guy in Tn was $967.00 Higher and I live about 45 miles from Mobile. Which would you go to ? I didn't know Vince would go that low but He did . Like I said , that man sure can deal and is the best salesman i've ever seen. I had Vince call Honda credit because I was already approved . About thirty min after He called The other guy called. He wasnt happy. Vince got me 3 points down on my finance charge also. Like I said. This guy is great.
OH, My woman is gettin weard on me....Does anyone know if theres a cappucino accessary for a Gold ? LOL

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
G-Funk said:
...Does anyone know if theres a cappucino accessary for a Gold ? LOL

Way-2-Go !

The Cappucino machine is in the LEFT saddlebag. There's a PUSHBUTTON with a wire attached to it near the passengers LEFT LEG and slightly behind.
Just pick it up, push the button, and it's a Done Deal. Instant Cappucino ! :wink:

Congrats ~

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
G Funk

Make sure you take the bike you are actually buying for a long test ride, just to make sure that bike feels as great as the one you just test rode.

I have rode my 03 Wing for 4 summers now, and it still feels like a new bike to me....it's the best and most fun motorcycle I have owned so far.

Congrats on your new Wing.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
What is the name of the dealership where Vince works? I might be in the market soon.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:shock: :shock: :shock: GO BACK AND READ IT ONE MORE TIME.
It's there . Good man. Best price i've got anywhere.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Captain Rick said:
??? 191 posts since August 30????

Now that's got to tell you something!
G-Funk can damn sure type! Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A&B Cycles. Mobile Ala . Vince Gomez .
3755 Government Dr
Mobile Ala 26693
1-251-666-7695
If you do call Him just tell Him Randy with the black chopper sent you.
He was the lowest price i could find ANYWHERE. But I had to get another bid somewhere else first. He beat it. If you want to know the price I payed just PM me.
My price was effected by ALL THE CHROME I GOT !
06 BLACK GOLD !
Nav
Comfort
Chrome fog lights and cover.
Floorboards for both.
Toe hill shifter
Repter floorboards for Her.
Spoiler.
Luggage rack.
And a tank full of gas Cause im kickin it EVERYWHERE ! :lol:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
How bout just lettin us know when it's in your possession. No offense, but you zig and zag like a teenie bopper on your deal.

I'll give you ten bucks if you Quit posting until you have it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
There goes the neighborhood :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HAHO :shock: Did the ******* bug bite you this morning ?
Im going to take the time to answer that one. When I start to spend MY MONEY. ( Noted you didnt give me one dime for this bike so shut up) Im going to shop around. The guy in Tenn gave me a super price. I threw it by Vince and He beat it. Is that so WRONG ? I've just shared my shopping experiences. Seems everyone here talks about everything.
But I will tell you what.
IF EVERYONE WANTS ME TO LEAVE JUST TELL ME AND I WILL NEVER BOTHER ANYONE AGAIN.
I thought you talked to friends.
And I sometimes wonder if SOME people read the post AT ALL. How in the hell can I ride a dam bike thats still in the crate ? Don't you think if I went through all the trouble to SHOP that im going to check out the bike( including wobble) before I sign the dotted line. GEEESH !

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I think you should post a pic of your new wing...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Got my 06 black one 2 weeks ago and only put 650 miles on it but it was fun miles. I changed oil and will run the honda 10w40 oil untill I get 3000 miles and then will go with AMSOIL FROM BULLDOG which I have already ordered. :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
I am very surprised that a 2006 model is still sitting in a crate. :?: :shock:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts