GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
,,,,,,,, or do we. I have been kind of unkind at times toward some of our members about preride checks. Checking tires every 3 months like clockwork may work for some, but not most of us. We had a nice ride yesterday, came home and parked. This morning I needed to run some errands, checked the tires, rear was 3 pounds low. Started to blow it off, then told myself that I knew better. Put her on the center stand and rolled the tire, nothing. Well since I was arguing with myself, I got a screwdiver and started flicking out little rocks from the tread, about the 7th or 8th one the rock didn't flick.
Found this.

Pulled out the sticky ropes and plugged it. I run an alternate tire, so no worries about the rope holding. Ran the errands and checked it after parking for several hours. All is well.

Listen to what your equipment is telling you, could have cost a lot more than the 15 minutes I spent finding and fixing the problem.

A public service anouncement for anyone who feels like listening.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
,,,,,,,, or do we. I have been kind of unkind at times toward some of our members about preride checks. Checking tires every 3 months like clockwork may work for some, but not most of us. We had a nice ride yesterday, came home and parked. This morning I needed to run some errands, checked the tires, rear was 3 pounds low. Started to blow it off, then told myself that I knew better. Put her on the center stand and rolled the tire, nothing. Well since I was arguing with myself, I got a screwdiver and started flicking out little rocks from the tread, about the 7th or 8th one the rock didn't flick.
Found this.

Pulled out the sticky ropes and plugged it. I run an alternate tire, so no worries about the rope holding. Ran the errands and checked it after parking for several hours. All is well.

Listen to what your equipment is telling you, could have cost a lot more than the 15 minutes I spent finding and fixing the problem.

A public service anouncement for anyone who feels like listening.

Cheers.
"Rock flicker" has a ring to it!!:joke:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts