GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello My name is Al and it is Sunday morning and I have a Story about our travles yesterday on our Gold Wing Motorcycle.

It is about 9: PM Sandie and I were on our way home from visiting some dear friends in Angles camp and we are traveling west on Highway 12 it's a 2 lane with no divider and a small asphalt shoulder with wakup lateral slots that look like they are put in with the track of a tank and the speed limit is 55mph. We are stuck behind a person who can't or wont hold a steady speed so I decide to pass and being there is a lot of traffic I have to wait for a nice gap in the on coming traffic and a legal dotted line on the road to make my move and finally a very large gap presents it's self and around this car we go. we are now comfortably back in our lane and I see that my lane is clear for at least a few miles and that the on coming traffic that is at least a mile away is solid head lights with cars passing, I now start to realize that on coming traffic and I are getting close and that on coming cars are still passing and naturally I start looking around my little piece of asphalt for a potential way out of danger truly never expecting to use it. Now I can see one old truck with a round hood and wide mirrors is still passing and we are going to meet head on if I don't do something right NOW so I position my self on those wakeup grooves and we are bounced around and control of my bike is suprisingly good and at the same time this truck shoots past us still in my lane on the left I also Hear Sandie on the intercom saying What's HAPPENING! I now see that there are no more cars in my lane going the wrong way and bring us back on to the road. I reply to Sandie saying you didn't see what happened? She says no I just saw the back of your helmet the sudden bouncing of the bike the horrendous noise and that truck that went by, WHAT JUST HAPPENED? After I explained the resent events to her she asked if I was feeling OK and if not shouldn't we pull over so I would have a chance to settle down, it was at this point that I realized that there was no adrenaline pumping in my veins I was totally calm and had been so through the entire ordeal.
I then said PRAISE BE TO GOD! and gave thanks for our deliverance.
I am Sorry That I can't complete this story because of Bulletin Board etiquette concerning Religious topics but this gets the point across well enough.

Al

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about the miss use and miss spelling of what I posted earlier it was to say Bulliten Board etiquette...........not edict :oops: .......I have edited my original post........again sorry if I ruffeled some feathers out there.
And Frank that was a very entertaining link you left, I will save it on my favorites........Thanks.

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts